Trem, Vibe, Chorus all in one?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by themusicboxstudios, Jun 28, 2006.

1. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

looking for a nice pedal that does all these things nicely ... i want the trem to be the main focus, but the others must sound nice as well.

any ideas?

thanks, jon

2. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Member

Red Witch Medusa...guy on Harmony Central is selling his.

3. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

One of the best for these is the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe. There was a thread a while back with a ton of suggested presets too.

4. loosegroove

loosegroove Member

When you say vibe, do you mean a pitch shifting vibrato or the univibe type deal? If the latter is the case, I would be inclined to say that the Red Witch Medusa wouldn't fit the bill.

5. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Yup! But is the chorus in the voodoo a vibe's chorus or a regular chorus?

6. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

This is a good point. I really like the Deluxe Moon Phaser's phase and univibe-y sounds, but I need to try adjusting the internal bias pot before I can decide fully about the tremolo sounds (it will also affect the other sounds, so I'll have to listen & experiment a lot to get it right). I would love for Red Witch to put out a stereo delay that did modulation like the Deluxe Memory Man, I would probably get it, because I really need another expensive and awesome pedal on the list of things I want but can't afford (but will still buy before worrying about getting a better car)...

7. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

That thing has an internal trim pot!!! No wonder I liked one moon phaser I had better than the other!! Someone must have messed with the trimpot! DAMN!! :Spank

8. John Phillips

John Phillips Member

A vibe's chorus.

It's highly unlikely you'll get tremolo, vibe and 'modern' chorus in the same pedal since modern chorus is delay-based and shares almost nothing in common electronically with the other two.

9. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Yeah, thats what I was thinkin'. Then again I figured ya never know what ol Roger Mayer has up his sleeves.....

10. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Well you need to look into the new Marshall pedal, (Regenerater) it has all your looking for.

11. Tasweigan

Tasweigan Member

I have a Foxrox TZF (Thru Zero Flanger) and you can get a beautiful analog lush chorus from it, some pretty interesting vibe sounds and you can get a vibrato sounds from it as well. The best flange sound!
    It's a great modulation pedal using BB analog chips and you can use it in stereo if you wish. Also true bypass. Pretty expensive though! One of my favorite pedals in my collection.