Trembucker

voodoo12

Hi,
When should mount a Seymour Duncan Trembucker ? For example with a PRS with " vintage " tremolo do I put a Trembucker in the bridge position. And in the neck position should I also put a Trembucker ?
Thank you

Brian N

A trembucker generally goes in the bridge position on a guitar with wider string spacing toward the bridge (like many trem bridges). You don't generally put one in the neck.

Brian N

I should also note that it's only a difference of 2-3 millimeters and it's likely that neither spacing will match up perfectly, and that's ok.

james...

Silver Supporting Member
You really don't ever need a trem spaced in the neck position, ever. Sometimes it will actually even hurt you, but for Fender spaced guitars it's usually okay.

Mincer

Right, a trembucker is only for the bridge position with either vintage or Floyd/Kahler systems. If you’re not sure which spacing your particular guitar requires, simply measure from the center of each of the E strings. If the spacing is two inches (50mm), you require a Humbucker. If the spacing is greater than two inches, you need a Trembucker for the strings to reside over the poles. Keep in mind that if the poles are off, there are many instances where this won't affect the sound (just OCD).

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
Depends on the guitar. With your PRS, you would be fine with one in the bridge but probably not needed in the neck. On an Ibanez with an Edge bridge, the F spacing is for bridge and neck and fits perfectly.

Trending Topics