1. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

I saw the review in the latest Guitar Player and am intrigued by this vibrato tailpiece. It would cure a problem I posted about a few weeks ago about not being able to do pedal steel bends unless my tremelo was adjusted very tight. This one supposedly stays in tune extremely well. Website is www.tremking.com. Has anyone tried this yet?

John

2. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

I did a search and found several posts dating back to last year, and also found it in the Manufacturer's Emporium. Any recent experiences with it?

3. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one - $112 w/free shipping from TOG on the 'bay.

4. patpark

patpark Member

its an interesting design. the saddles do not move at all. all the movement comes from the block. the saddles are locked into place. i installed one on a sample guitar and it is interesting. kind of a kahler like feel. the tension is constant as you move the bar down or up.

5. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

How do your strings last ? it looks hard on them to me .

6. GtrDr

GtrDr Member

The strings dont lock at the bridge or the nut, how is this better than 2 point strat trem with a trem setter?

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Senior Member

It sucks that it's not a drop-in replacement. You still have to rout out wood to install it.

8. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

Only in some cases - it depends on the body. That's the gist I got from reading the installation material. It's different from vintage in that the whole plate assembly stays put and only the block and strings move. The saddles are traveling. I'm giving one a whirl and will let you know what I think when I'm done.