Tremol-No clamp type install

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by MONSTER ZERO, Jan 17, 2015.

1. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

One of my cheapy guitars a LTD M-50 has been really acting up on me and not returning to zero (FR license pos). Fought with it for months adjusting everything soup to nuts, made sure knife edge's were ok and everything lubed etc etc I wnt through every youtube and tutorial I could find and the darn thing still would not dial in. I got close a few times only to find it would go sharp after a good reef on the bar..

I knew about trem stabilizers and so I researched it and said wtf why not? I'm not dropping 200+ dollars for a real FR on a guitar I rarely use that I paid 200 for.

I bought the tremol-no for 50 bucks..

Install took me about 20 minutes and with some fidgeting and tweaking the trem returns perfectly to zero in full float, dive only, and stays in perfect tune in hard tail mode!

I could drop a cinder block on the bar and it would probably return to zero perfectly.

This thing is a godsend. Saved me a minimum of 150 dollars and mucho headaches.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  2. David Garner

David Garner Member

I loved mine while I had them in. I had one for my EJ Strat and one for my DGT. I found I didn't use them as much. I set both back to floating and just switch guitars when I want trem versus hardtail so I sold them.

They work wonders though.

3. cardinal

cardinal Member

They're awesome during string changes and set ups. Much easier than blocking off the trem with something else. But I find that they don't really "fix" the bridge. Notes during a double stop bend still go flat, for example.

4. navin johnson

navin johnson Member

i have one in my strat instead of blocking the trem. i love it

5. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

Hmm I haven't noticed that on mine yet but then again I've just been testing by playing aggressively then checking the tuning again while plugged into my Boss tuner.

6. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

Had one for awhile, years ago. But I'm back to stock floating. Works better for me.