• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Tremolo Pedals?

arpegadream

It came! I have it hooked up and for a cheap 23 dollar toy, it is awesome, very musical. Very slight volume increase, ever so slight (no volume control). For now, this is adequate because it barely jammed into my board on an angle. I need another board, a bigger one, I want two boards, a larger medium and this medium board. Cheap pedals are a mixed bag, some are great, this one is pretty good so far.

SonicTonic Seeker

Silver Supporting Member
I've never had a Tremo, but I've been looking at the Walrus Monument and the Zvex Sonar.

One is a "harmonic tremolo" which is significantly different from the regular tremolos. Both have tap-tempo and I would expect the Zvex one to last 20 years.

arpegadream

So evidently, the major drawbacks to this cheap one are the pots are plastic and can break, and their ranging is not good since 1/2 way or less with either of them you get next to nothing in effect. But it has a boost that is just right. And the tone is good. It would seem it might be very hard to replace the pots as it has a double-stacked PC board setup.

johnsav

Some spendy tremolo pedals have a wider array of features.
The Empress has tap tempo, three waveforms, savable presets, eight different 'inflections' and more.
It's an analogue pedal with a computer brain, and it sounds great.
If you want to solely emulate your old Fender tremolo, there are simpler, less expensive options. I'm glad you like the one you got.

HomeInMyShoes

I look for waveform control (square, sine, sawtooth, reverse sawtooth) and type (normal, harmonic, bias) control. For me it is nice to have a couple of options from both of those sets because I like having effects push me in different directions and these really affect the direction I go.

I use a Source Audio Vertigo. Why? It has waveform control between square -> sine -> sawtooth which is actually not just clicks, you can be somewhat between square and sine or sine and sawtooth and it has a normal/bias/harmonic switch. With the phone hooked up I can deep edit a bit and grab some pretty weird sounds like sequences and random. It covers a lot of ground, sounds good when you don't get to the upper fringes of some settings (depth) and it was actually demoable in my area. Even without hooking up the phone it is plenty flexible. No tap, so that is an issue, but I mainly play outside of bands so being close on tempo is good enough.

If I were to spend more than a modest amount on a new tremolo, I'd look at a Dandelion and maybe a Tremotron.

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
I dig the 1776 Effects Cardinal Tremolo. Does BF-Fender Opto-style and a killer harmonic trem.
Not a production pedal, but I’m sure someone could build you one.

mad dog

Gold Supporting Member
I grabbed a Kingsley Bard a few years ago and man, that thing just throbs and oozes juicy tremolo goodness. Too graphic?
I love the clips of the bard. Thinking on getting one. Are there any more affordable pedals that come close to the warmth and depth of the Bard bias vary trem?

Gilky

Platinum Supporting Member
I love the clips of the bard. Thinking on getting one. Are there any more affordable pedals that come close to the warmth and depth of the Bard bias vary trem?
The only other trem I have heard that was as good was the trem on-board a modified OD Deluxe amp.

longgonedaddy

Silver Supporting Member
I recently picked up a Fulltone SupaTrem Jr.

The warble waveform is spectacular, albeit maybe a bit subtle for non-trem fans.
But for a trem fanatic like me, I can say I’ve never heard anything quite like it.

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
For a simple yet luscious and inexpensive trem,
you might loo at Mr Black's Mini Tremolo.

Still at 100$
Has both bias and harmonic trem (and can mix them)
mini-sized enclosure

RicOkc

I don't have a trem in my Fender amp and there are a few tunes that one would work on.

So I bought a Line 6 trem pedal on CL for $50.

nujnujnuj

For a cheap yet good quality semi-botique one, go for voodoo lab.
If you can spend a little, go for diamond tremolo. It's super solid, warm, smooth and lush, but has no presets so i opted for chase bliss gravitas.

Daytona57

Tuna Melt trem, is always slightly on, to add thickening.

I also use it to imitate roller wobbling, in Faux Tape Echo delay.

It is the best under $30.00 pedal.

YMMV

Srdjr

If you need a good cheap Trem, message me. I think I have a Joyo with the Bulldog on the front. I used it for a specific tour. Sounds great.
The other one I like that I THINK I still have is the BBE Tremor.
Excellent and very quiet.
It has two Trem speeds.
I wanted a trem that sounded like the built in trem of the Princeton Reverb I had in high school. The yellow Joyo hit the mark for $37. One thing to watch out for is volume drop (or perceived volume drop) when turned on. No issue with this with the Joyo, which has an internal trim pot should you need to adjust the volume of the pedal turned on.

Different trems do have a different sound. The extremely choppy trem if the Smith's How Soon Is Now vs. the trem of CCR. Not every trem has every sound.

Srdjr

This is what I ordered: Link won't work here?

Electric Guitar Tremolo Effect Pedal Mini Single Type DC 9V True Bypass (Tremolo)

On Amazon
The Kmise? It sounded nice in the YT demos I watched and I considered it. I went with the Joyo as I saw a number of recommendations in the cheapest pedal you own and love thread.

arpegadream

The Kmise? It sounded nice in the YT demos I watched and I considered it. I went with the Joyo as I saw a number of recommendations in the cheapest pedal you own and love thread.
Yes that is it. The plastic pots suck but decent sound so far.

Trending Topics