Tremolo that is comparable to Supa Trem

omfg51

I'm looking for something that has a similar preamp functionality, just to boost the signal a little bit and give it a little bit of breakup if possible. The thing I like about the Supa Trem is that at a certain volume level, it actually sounds like an overdrive. I'd like to find a pedal that can get me this tone, but maybe with a gain control separate from volume.

Resonance7

Personally, the trem options didn't work for me... But I thought the Dr. scientist trem had a lovely sounding boosted signal

It's been discontinued for some time but I used to own a Catalonbread Semaphore, the tap tempo version with the cool graphics as opposed the various single switch versions before that with not so cool graphics. It had a very nice boost preamp function in addition to a very versatile tremolo. I believe they discontinued out of Nicolas' dislike of tap tempo functionality in pedals… yeah, I wish I was making something that crazy up but I'm serious. He ranted on here a while ago about tap tempo and how he personally never uses it and his pedals are made because of what he wants not based on what people want.

Sorry, got sidetracked. If you can find a two switch Semaphore, it sounded really good.

James

I seem to recall the Supa Trem was based on the Demeter Tremulator circuit. Is that correct?

Demeter recently released a new version of the Tremulator called the "Tremulator Plus". It has a gain knob on top in addition to the other tremolo controls (speed, depth, etc). I have a couple of the original Tremulator and love the way they function as a boost (with the depth all the way off).

galibier_un

Silver Supporting Member
I no nothing about outboard trems, but yesterday I noticed that someone is selling a Kingsley on Reverb.com (usual disclaimer - no personal interest, involvement, etc.).

Cheers,
Thom

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
The Spaceman Voyager has a great preamp with control over the gain but it's not exactly a budget option. It does sound pretty amazing though. The Voyager and the ST-2 are my 2 favorite Tremolos.

augur

+1 Dr Scientist Tremolessence
You can control volume and tone of your tremolo.
And it's stereo (thanks to TRS) !

Trending Topics