1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tremolo w/a latch/momentary switch

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by andrew00, May 24, 2011.

1. andrew00

andrew00 Member

Hey, so I was listening to some modern lovers earlier and stumbled across this bowie cover - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9uYBdcgR84&NR=1&feature=fvwp - listen to the first ten seconds or so.

It looks like he's got a tremolo/stutter thing going on, it's not a delay repeat but seems like a tremolo being turned on and off sporadically.

So I was wondering if anyone know is a tremolo pedal with an unlatch/momentary feature?

I see there's stuff like the utter stutter which is kind of that same thing I think and that has a momentary switch. I know TC Electronic do their Shaker pedal which has an unlatched mode but that's vibrato.

2. tjs

tjs Senior Member

Diamond's tremolo has that (manual mode).

3. Cosmogang

Cosmogang Member

The new Dr. Scientist tremolessence will have this.

4. tjs

tjs Senior Member

There's a new tremolessence coming out? What else do you know about it? Please tell me it will have tap tempo...

5. LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Member

6. Agitator

Agitator Member

7. Cosmogang

Cosmogang Member

Actually Ryan is coming out with new versions of almost all of his pedals.

RRR V2 (epic)
    A new Tremolessence (sorry no tap tempo)
    A new Cosmichorus
    A new drive "The Elements"

Go to ILF @ ilovefuzz.com to read all the threads in the Dr. Scientist hosted forum.

Cheers

8. andrew00

andrew00 Member

That new Tremolessence looks pretty cool, any demo videos knocking about yet or is it still too new?

9. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

+1 on the Diamond trem! It is a fantastic pedal and the stutter effect is great.

You could also look into a repeat percussion pedal (like the EQD Hummingbird) if you want that effect w/out manual control.

10. tonycalzony

tonycalzony Member

i'm currently trying to decide between a diamond tremolo and a new dr. scientist

11. SackvilleDan

SackvilleDan Member

Diamond Trem for the win! Manual mode is awesome.

12. andrew00

andrew00 Member

Looks like the Diamond is just the job - the manual mode is what I was talking about, the unlatched on/off, and it has a lot of other modes including a rhythmic mode that looks interesting!