Trey Phish Style Backwards delay?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Apollovt18, Jul 13, 2018.

1. bigEbeer

bigEbeer Member

I use the microverb with no effects loop FYI. Ventris also can pull it off

diego.fresh and trumpus like this.
  2. rhyming_orange

rhyming_orange Member

This is probably the only time I won’t recommend a Polara, as it’s not what you want here. The reverse reverb on it is great, but it’s the one mode on the device with no dry signal - it can’t even get remotely subtle in the way Trey’s sound does.

trumpus likes this.
  3. Velvert

Velvert Member

I use a Loopmaster 2 Looper Switch Box for my Microverb.

4. martinb28

martinb28 Member

Let's revive an old thread. I was just able to get a similar sound using a TS Flashback. In the video, Trey calls it a delay and to me it sounds like a delay, not a reverb. At 6:16 you can hear him play a chord, and then you hear a single distinct repeat a moment later. I know he using an effect called a MicroVerb, but I think a single distinct repeat a moment later is best described as a delay not a reverb. To get this effect with the TC Flashback, I use RVS (Reverse), set the delay time very short, and then find the shortest Feedback where the dry signal comes through. I started with the Feedback all the down, and then slowly turn it clockwise. At first, when the Feedback is basically off, like 7 o'clock, I hear only the delay'd sound, no dry signal. But as I turn it clockwise eventually I get the dry signal. I found it somewhere around 9 o'clock. At that setting, my dry signal comes through and then a moment later there is a single repeat, in reverse. I set the Delay time with the tapping so I am not sure where the Delay knob is for that; I can try to recreate the effect using the Delay knob instead of TapTempo and post that later. The TC Flashback is such a sweet pedal. And the Mini is the exact same thing except that you use the TonePrint to set the type of Delay, as opposed to having a knob for it. Takes up less space, is cheaper, and sounds just as good. If someone else has a TC Flashback, please see if you can recreate what I'm talking about and give me feedback. Maybe I'm crazy.

diego.fresh likes this.
  5. diego.fresh

diego.fresh Member

it is a reverb effect but it uses a "pre-delay" to achieve the effect. so it acts like a delay