TRI Kimock & Karan delivered

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by flywheel, Jan 26, 2012.

1. flywheel

flywheel Member

Wow what a show last night a tgi studios.I was sure Kimock was sitting down playing a lap steel but once the camera hit him I was shocked.How in the hell were you getting those sounds?I could not see on the floor but I would think there was a vol pedal for sure.I seen a two rock and some kind of fender but not sure on what they were,anyone else see it?As far as Mark goes it was the first I have ever heard or seen him play.What a great player and the sound from that sg was very good(strat too).Not sure on his rig either.Anyone care to share any info on these ultra stellar players amps for this show?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. bilbal

bilbal Member

That show was awesome.

Its actually TRISTUDIOS.COM

3. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

it was a helluva show....I enjoyed it greatly!

4. smolder

smolder Gold Supporting Member

Great show. Hope they archive it... I wanna watch it again.

5. kingsleyd

kingsleyd Frikkin genyus Gold Supporting Member

Mark's amp was a Two-Rock Classic Reverb, which is what he was using when I saw him in NH about a year ago. Looked like he had a tweed Fender as well. Kimock's second amp looked like it might have been a Princeton.

As for Kimock's slide stuff, it's all in his hands. (and in his mind/imagination) I've sat in his barn playing with him, watching him do it all first-hand.

6. flywheel

flywheel Member

Man I would love to jam in that barn.Can you get me an invite?

7. kimock

kimock Member

Pretty sure Mark was Two Rock Custom Reverb in a wet/dry set up with a Boogie power amp and a Tweed Deluxe. Not his regular rig, downsized for the broadcast. EV's, wet/dry, not sure about the Tweed. .
    My pile was a Tweed Bandmaster, 100% straight up NOS in a Two Rock chassis on a D130, and a silver face Princeton Reverb with a JBL orange frame ten.
    I mostly played bottleneck, bright and clean in an attempt to differentiate the three guitar routine.
    Standard tuning, no volume pedal. Occasional Uni-Vibe, RV-2 pedal ping pong.
    That's about it. . .

8. magilla

magilla Chasing those soulful sounds. Gold Supporting Member

Ah, I had heard about the show but didn't have the chance to tune in, unfortunately. Didn't know the lineup or I would have made it a priority. What a cool space.

9. Lance

Lance Member

It was great! That Cassidy>Bird Song was really nice. Huge sounding band with the 3 guitars & 2 sax players. Bob was fairly loud in the broadcast mix. Watching Jeff's expressions while he was playing was so real, and genuine. Bobby too at the end of Days Between. Very inspired performing all around. You guys were definitely having fun, and it really shone through. I was having some connectivity issues, and missed a good chunk of the first set, but really enjoyed it overall.

10. BarryW

BarryW Supporting Member

And this show was absolutely stunning - Steve, Mark, you guys sounded great together. I loved your lines off the horns Steve - the whole night was seriously tasty. And you both just danced in your own zones, tone carefuly set in different areas. Just beautiful. I won't say anything about Bob's guitar sound . . . but I was really diggin the whole ensemble. Just a stellar performance.

11. pula58

pula58 Silver Supporting Member

Steve....come to Seattle!

12. smolder

smolder Gold Supporting Member

@Steve... The video of you guys doing "the other one" that is in the archives is way great as well. TRI looks like a killer playhouse.