Tribute to Albert Collins

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
very cool, roll that tone knob up a little for that Albert stang. Great tone though.

journo

Hi Bluefish,

I had the fortune at sitting close to Albert C during a jam a number of years ago and you display the same kind of intensity as he did at that time.

Apart from playing you have a very nice recording here. How did you record it? Your BT?

Thanks for posting!

Cheers,

Mats N

bluefish

Silver Supporting Member
Hi Mats,

Thanks for listening and the kind words. All of the instruments were recorded into pro tools, rhythm section and initial guitar live in the studio... the B3 later at another studio and guitars later at home. The guitars are a single sennheiser dynamic on a Carr Sportsman, and of course a Fender Telecaster. Drummer Marty Binder toured with Albert for a while...

JE

Young John

We got to open for Albert a couple of times in Az.
I got to hold his guitar...totally by accident. The green room was a broom closet and Albert and his entourage came through after our set to get ready and the tech handed the guitar to my drummer. He freaked and handed it to me. I almost pissed myself. I was green as hell and holding my idiol's ax. I remember being surprised at how light it was and how caked up the back side was.
One of my best memories.

bluefish

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks again folks....Joe I'd love to take a lesson from you if I ever make it back to the ATL!!!