tried a tweak fuzz....

Marcello

and boy did it suck !

grabbed a MIM strat thru a classic 30 : harsh city, not a single good tone :eek: i was happy to turn it off and use the amp's OD. On the vid Saraceno gets some mean tones...i really don't get it, i need to get a Sears amp maybe.
Hated it !

Anyone else tried it ?

aquadog

Man, if this is the case, I am glad that I got the mcfuzz instead. well, I'm glad I got the mcfuzz anyways cause its a great pedal, but those clips sounded like it was a really mean pedal.
Disapointing

Don Rusk

BearFoot FX Owner
Vendor
Hmm very interesting, I almost popped for one...

Yeah those old Silvertone amps are real warm easy to overdrive, so a hard bright fuzz would be nice with that, but probably crap with many other modern amps.....

It may need a stronger pickup too to give it some ummmph...

Madsman

Sounded great at NAMM (winter) with Blues wailing on it. I would have almost bought one right then and there.

MikeRocker

I've got one and I think it sounds great. I really dig the AM Radio setting. Maybe it's the MIM Strat that sounds harsh.

Marcello

Originally posted by MikeRocker
I've got one and I think it sounds great. I really dig the AM Radio setting. Maybe it's the MIM Strat that sounds harsh.
not at all , with the peavey's OD channel it sounded great, i really wanted to like it but no. I'd say try it, opinions are just opinions :cool:

I own one; I really like it. It'll go from Big Muff to RAT to a nice OD once you get to know it. There's definitely a learning curve on it. The Tweak, Volume and Gain are extremely interactive, so it takes a while to find your sound. (And yes, it sounds best in front of warm tube amps.)

I've found that it sounds best (for my taste) if you back off on your guitar's volume a bit and leave the gain around 3:30.

FWIW, I'm not sure about the lack of volume you experienced. Running off a 1-spot, haven't had any problems.

Each to their own.

Originally posted by Marcello
and boy did it suck !

grabbed a MIM strat thru a classic 30 : harsh city, not a single good tone :eek: i was happy to turn it off and use the amp's OD. On the vid Saraceno gets some mean tones...i really don't get it, i need to get a Sears amp maybe.
Hated it !

Anyone else tried it ?

daneswede1

and boy did it suck !

Hated it !

Anyone else tried it ?
I cant understand this . His father makes $500 pedals . and BLUEs plays the crappiest guitar and amp thru it . ok i get it guys he is proving his point. but why not let us hear it thru all its glory.

His FATHER BUILDS BLUES SARACENOS AMPLIFICATION ANYWAY.And it takes him a long time to build one. I hear it has 4 trannies and TONE of innards. SOunds thickand tubey though.

Wooley

I can verify the suckage.
It's a sputtery and just basically crappy sounding cheap fuzz.
I own maybe eight fuzzes, and the least of them is better than the SD.

Seektone

I don't really understand why this pedal is so controversial. ???? I like mine alot. I really love the second tweak position. It has a TON of cut, especially with the gain at maybe 2:00, going into a clean or overdriving tube amp.

And it can go from this to all out sputtery saturated si fuzz at the higher tweak and gain settings.

Admittedly, the volume is a problem. It would be nice to have more. But you can always achieve unity gain. Just not a real solo boost.

My thoughts FWIW. Kinda crazy how it's a love it or hate it pedal.

steinwand

just acting as devils advocat ...

why would anybody shell out a significant amount of money
for Sunfaces, Londons, Buzzarounds and the likes,
if its all in one cheap box?

Maybe one must never have possessed a real fuzz,
to like something like the tweak ...

and taste differs ...

Wooley

I don't hate it, I just thought it was junk.

I sprung for it on a lark, played it, laughed at myself, A/B'd it with every fuzz I have, laughed at myself some more, and put it in the closet.
Where it has lived ever since.

I'd let it go at a garage sale for $10.

Trending Topics