Trifecta with a tele? Clips?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by AfterDarkMusic, May 15, 2008.

1. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

I've slowly been coming to the realization that I need to get a muff of some type back on my board. I was looking to go a cheap route and pick up either an NYC or an LBM, whichever sounded better at the store, but I went back and gave the trifecta another listen.

From the clips on the barber website I think the muff setting sounds great and, though it's definitely a more expensive route than the LBM, I think it's worth it because the Jumbo and Suppa Bender settings sound great too. I love versatility when it comes to pedals.

Anyways, I've not been able to find too many clips of the trifecta being used with telecasters and clean amps. Clips would be spectacular. Opinions, experiences, etc. are, of course, also more than welcome.

2. meterman

meterman Member

I really like my MJM Foxy Fuzz for high gain silicon Big Muff tones...smooth and singing on the neck pickup and downright nasty on the bridge...

3. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

But i was asking about the Trifecta.

I don't mean that in a mean way. Just sayin.

4. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

5. BeauZooka

BeauZooka Member

I love my Trifecta and highly recommend it, but I don't have a tele unfortunately. I do think that it works better on strats and teles generally, as big muff circuits like cleaner and not as loud signal to start with. My 2 cents at least.

6. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I've only played it with humbuckers but I can tell you that for lead playing it is great. Mine is on ebay but I'm starting to think I might have to buy another. It's good for chords to an extent. At full gain it does this weird phasing sound, but I've also heard original muffs do this in clips so who knows. I'd say if you need INSANE over the top stuff look elsewhere but if you want a pedal that can get super smooth (with the mids push/pull knob) and can get relatively intense without phasing out then it should be great. I just need something a little wilder.

7. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

Smooth is a good thing in my book, most of the time at least...

It's sounding as if there aren't too many tele players using these. So, how about strats? I'd just like to hear some single coils through one into a clean amp.

8. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

9. BeauZooka

BeauZooka Member

Post your question in the Barber Forum. I'm sure that someone can get some clips and opinions for you there.

10. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

What a wonderful idea. I wasn't even aware that they have a forum.

Thanks