Trigger Hippy!

lucky111

Double Platinum Member
Not sure if this has been discussed, but it's an amazing group of musicians, songs & a fabulous recording! I called into Steve Gorman Sports! today & had the opportunity to give him a big congrats & thanks for such a great album!

Steve Gorman, Joan Osbourne, Jackie Greene, Tom Bukovac, Nick Govrik--all awesome musicians in their own right, but together are making some pretty incredible, jammy, soulful music.

Check it out!

Cheers!
luk

jakethesnake

Love Pocahontas!! Steve is one of the best drummers out there. The band has evolved quite a bit from when it started off with Herring and Freed on guitar. I was said to see Freed go but Bukovac is pretty badass too.

lucky111

Double Platinum Member
They're running up through California this next weekend; I told Steve today they need to make their way up to Oregon!

Such a soulful record! My dream concert at this point would be Trigger Hippy & Tedeschi Trucks Band sharing a bill. Oh man!

luk

loudboy

Just listened to it - sounds really good.

Good musicians, just having a good time - really effortless.

gillibi

Silver Supporting Member
Is Buk on the record? Believe they were record when Audley was still in the band, though Buk could overdub

Marc Roy

I haven't been keeping up, what happened to Audley?
From what I heard, he was too busy and had to bow out (correct me if I'm wrong though).

I'll be buying the disc this weekend. Finally! I'll listen to anything Joan touches.

bigEbeer

Silver Supporting Member
Saw them last night in LA and what a great show. There were some technical issues with Jackies Keys for the first couple songs but once that was ironed out the really hit their stride. Bukavec was quite impressive, Osbourne was great and the band as a whole just clicked. It's was an awesome, unfortunately under attended show but LAs a tough crowd and starting at 1030pm on a Wednesday is rough for most people but I'm happy I sacrificed sleep to see this great band!

kevin hart

Silver Supporting Member
Just listened to some of the new record and it sounds great.

Tom Bukovac is a member on here... maybe he'll chime in about how he's liking the gig.

I remember when Buk started doing this- I'm going he's THE session guy and he's playing in a silly band! j/k

They are awesome!

BrainDamage

They were selling the full album at shows over the summer, so I've had it since July and have listened to it many times since. Very good album and they are a great live band.

Smacky the Frog

Gold Supporting Member
Saw Jackie Greene on Saturday at City Winery and it got me even more pumped for Tuesday when the album was released. I listened to it 5 times on Tuesday, Wednesday and only meetings kept me from listening to it multiple times today.

Listenable all the way through, great flow to it. The production on it is awesome as well. It sounds phenomenal.