• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Trini Lopez 2014 NAMM?

mulvavroop

I think I heard Gibson is going to reissue a Trini Lopez again, 2014. Any info on this? Seems this would be a "big deal" so to speak.

Gibson is currently making a Trini Lopez. But it doesn't have a pickguard or a Trini Lopez tailpiece. They are just calling it a Trini Lopez.

mulvavroop

Can't find it searching the internet, Gibson lists their Trini Lopez (I think the one you described) as N/A. I was just curious, already have a 335. But I did see a 1966 Pelham blue Trini on Reverb for ... $21,000! I love this part: "Plus $200 shipping." Ha!

robertkoa

Can't find it searching the internet, Gibson lists their Trini Lopez (I think the one you described) as N/A. I was just curious, already have a 335. But I did see a 1966 Pelham blue Trini on Reverb for ... $21,000! I love this part: "Plus $200 shipping." Ha!
Damn ! My Budget for this is $ 21,100. shame that the shipping charge kills the Deal.

Also to quote one of Lopez' songs:

" Lemon Tree very pretty and the Lemon Flower is sweet , without the crazy headstock, how can this a Trini Lopez Reissue be ?"

kracdown

Custom User Title
Platinum Supporting Member
Gibson is currently making a Trini Lopez. But it doesn't have a pickguard or a Trini Lopez tailpiece. They are just calling it a Trini Lopez.
This isn't correct. They have not made a Trini Lopez the last few years. The new one coming out this year has the correct tailpiece and pick guard. It felt incredible at NAMM.

Kylef

Didn't realise this, had a look and found a couple of video demos. Very interested in this :)

robertkoa

This isn't correct. They have not made a Trini Lopez the last few years. The new one coming out this year has the correct tailpiece and pick guard. It felt incredible at NAMM.
OK I retract my smartass post above then , the Song part, not the price part.

A friend of mine in the 1980s who was a ridiculously versatile talented Player( like a 1980s Guthrie Govan ) used to get incredible Tones from a Trini Lopez and a Mark 1 Boogie.

Played like butter and a little more Twang and Bite when you dig in than a 335 , was that the Headstock or something else doing that ?

kracdown

Custom User Title
Platinum Supporting Member
Didn't get a chance to plug it in... but played great. had more sustain than any other trapeze tailpiece (which could be the more bite) guitar I have ever played. Neck was 50's too.

mulvavroop

Damn ! My Budget for this is $ 21,100. shame that the shipping charge kills the Deal.

Also to quote one of Lopez' songs:

" Lemon Tree very pretty and the Lemon Flower is sweet , without the crazy headstock, how can this a Trini Lopez Reissue be ?"
Yeah I tried to make an offer to keep it within my $21,000 budget, but it didn't work out.

Seriously though, the new one looks great, nice to hear is sounds/plays great.

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
I'm excited for these. Always wanted a Trini...here's a new Gibson I just might buy.

roger e

:rotflmao

The one I was referring to is on the Gibson site. It appears to be new.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom