Trinity Amplifiers

gillman royce

Silver Supporting Member
Liked what I heard on " Stormy Monday "; don't hear much either way on this board; don't know what it's like to deal with them should there be a problem as they're located in Canada - eastern, I think.

Chris_M

Have quite a few amps of theirs. 18W, TC15, Tramp, Tweed Deluxe. What would you like to know?
Love their amps, great quality and support!

daveS

lefty dude on hiatus
Platinum Supporting Member
Have quite a few amps of theirs. 18W, TC15, Tramp, Tweed Deluxe. What would you like to know?
Love their amps, great quality and support!
Thanks Chris !

What can you tell me about the TC15 ?

Did you build yours ?

Tone report (Voxy,Marshally, Matchless-ish)?

Pictures ?

Any details you can share would be cool. You can email me offline or share with everyone here if you want.

Thanks !

-Dave

bgood

Silver Supporting Member
Built an 18 watter TMB last year. LOVE it. No issues at all. Didn't need any cust service though so I can't vouch for that.

BarryW

Silver Supporting Member
Their amps, kits and service are superb. Their forum is a great resource. I had a TC-15 until just a few days ago, and I will absolutely positively build another. It's a great sounding amp, check out the sound clips on their site and compare the circuit to a spitfire and other matchless designs. You'll see a few ideas put together. I love the TC-15 sound, I find it to be like a good driven tone with claws. Nasty claws. Lots of chime, and really stands out in a band setting.

Definitely an under-the-radar sweetie of an amp. I have vintage browns, BFDR, BFVR, SR, deluxes, boogies, marshalls . . . I'm not just a crate guy. I'm an old rock dude that's owned his 1959 MkII since November, 1974. While everybody's preferences vary, all I can say is this: the TC-15 is a great sounding amp.

Griz

I have an sIII TMB style 18 watt head with Trinity's plexi mod. It's a great sounding amp. The component quality is first rate. I bought mine already assembled from Trinity in 2006. Zero issues, and Stephen Cohrs is great to deal with.

:aok

GaryE

I have a Triwatt and an 18 watt SIII and they're both top notch kits. I have a hard time deciding which one to use!

vortexxxx

Silver Supporting Member
I built a Tramp. It was my first amp build and it turned out great. It's like a supercharged Champ.

just received the TC15 from BarryW a few days ago. love it. i've had a dc30, lightning, ac30's and the bad cat black cat 30r. the tc15 definitely hangs with the matchless/bad cat amps and is far better than the ac30cc i had. takes pedals well and sounds great!

BarryW

Silver Supporting Member
Glad to hear it ! Whatever you do, DON’T try a Klon or a KOT ...especially not with a 335 !

BarryW

Silver Supporting Member
The TC-15 Is a down right nasty little beast. Run it with just a little hair on the 12ax7 channel, then goose it with your favorite boost. Its amazing. The A/B with the ef86 channel ... singin creamy tone for days.

I think it's a very well kept little secret. My "whatever you do, don't . . " comment was intended be be a warning that you will hear amazing searing tone that will ruin you. I can't say enough good things about those amps.

Last edited:
got a JHS klone coming in. right now i'm using the catalinbread DLS with it and it sounds pretty damn good. also thinking about a Lunar Module. don't have a 335 though...using a 98 am. deluxe tele!

Icegator8

Pre TC-15 they had a Lightning kit. I built one and sourced real deal transformers from West Labs. It sounds exactly like a Matchless Lightning. Some actually think it's better as we modded the orignal circuit to include the cut control from a DC30. This gives you a little bit of control to tame the high end.

Trinity has a forum that is great for providing support. I highly recommend them for kits.

daveS

lefty dude on hiatus
Platinum Supporting Member
I'm getting closer and closer to picking up a TC-15 kit, looks like a fun build.

It seems like Matchless and Bad Cat have models that are very similar to the TC-15...maybe even Gabriel Sound and perhaps the Valvetech Hayseed too....?

keithb7

I just completed a trinity tweed deluxe kit. Excellent kit and sounds great. Highly recommend. Customer support is second to none. Forum too.

Matt Gnarly

If anyone has done both a Tweed and Tramp build or played them both can you maybe compare the two? I'm torn between them, looking for alt-country/americana/indie tones similar to Sleepercar, the Lusitania, Neil Young, Attack in Black. It'll be going through either a 1x12 or 2x12 with Eminence RWBs.
Cheers!

Trending Topics