• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Triode USA or amp parts direct for classictone trannys?

dazco

I read a post about a year old regarding someone having ordered a tranny from triode and had no confirmation of the order being received or shipped and no phone or email response. Then others chimed in with the same issues. Is this tier MO or was that a fluke, maybe they had issue or whatever at that time?
The other place that sells classictone is amp parts direct. Anyone have any thoughts about the better place to buy from? I don't need shipping or contact issues, out of stock issues, etc etc.

Tone Meister

I've never gotten a single response from Triode in a couple dozen tries, and I've not one had a single order consummated in half a dozen tries.

Here in NC, I can receive a transformer from Amp Parts Direct within a couple or three days of placing the order, consistently, depending on what time of day I order.

dazco

Thanks. I'll go with APD.

EDIT: Wow, quick ! Glad i went with APD instead of triode. Ordered it and got a "shipped" email within an hour !

Last edited:

RTC

I read a post about a year old regarding someone having ordered a tranny from triode and had no confirmation of the order being received or shipped and no phone or email response. Then others chimed in with the same issues. Is this tier MO or was that a fluke, maybe they had issue or whatever at that time?
The other place that sells classictone is amp parts direct. Anyone have any thoughts about the better place to buy from? I don't need shipping or contact issues, out of stock issues, etc etc.
DO NOT order from Triode USA!!! I placed an order for two transformers for a project i was working on and paid almost 250.00 with the shipping. They took my credit card payment immediately and processed it but never sent my items. I contacted them 6 different times, including 2 by phone and only ever received phony shipping notices with tracking numbers like *will*ship*tuesday*, etc. They still haven't sent my items and now I have to go to the bank and make an attempt to get my money back. That place is a complete scam! This is the first time Ive had a problem with an online store in god knows how many years and I can tell you how frustrated I am. I hope this warning gets to other good people who may be purchasing from them.

dazco

DO NOT order from Triode USA!!! I placed an order for two transformers for a project i was working on and paid almost 250.00 with the shipping. They took my credit card payment immediately and processed it but never sent my items. I contacted them 6 different times, including 2 by phone and only ever received phony shipping notices with tracking numbers like *will*ship*tuesday*, etc. They still haven't sent my items and now I have to go to the bank and make an attempt to get my money back. That place is a complete scam! This is the first time Ive had a problem with an online store in god knows how many years and I can tell you how frustrated I am. I hope this warning gets to other good people who may be purchasing from them.
You might want to try contacting classictone and see if they will help you. Since they only sell thier trannys thru 2 retailers, amp parts direct and triode, they would probably be rather distressed to hear one of thier 2 outlets is doing things like this. Maybe contact them and send them a link to this thread to show what kind of bad publicity the source of 50% of thier sales force is getting.

makerdp

Word on the street is Triode is out of business. But their website is still up so don't go there!

Tone Meister

You might want to try contacting classictone and see if they will help you. Since they only sell thier trannys thru 2 retailers, amp parts direct and triode, they would probably be rather distressed to hear one of thier 2 outlets is doing things like this. Maybe contact them and send them a link to this thread to show what kind of bad publicity the source of 50% of thier sales force is getting.

Triode isn't selling 50% of the Classictone inventory. Issues similar to this have been going on there at Triode for at least 3 years of which I am aware, possibly more than that.

But, yes I agree, I'd call Classictone and let them know.

Same experience w/ Triode here. They are geographically very close to MC/Classic Tone, but they never seem to have anything in stock. I've had them partially fulfill orders, then had to wait months for back-ordered transformers to ship, only to receive packages that appeared to have fallen out of a cargo plane during takeoff. If you're buying enough quantity, order direct from Classic Tone. If not, buy from Amp Parts Direct.

colin

HipKitty

Gold Supporting Member
I too have always ordered thru Amp Parts Direct when I need Classictone tranny's. Never a problem with an order.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom