Trixter's Steve Brown Filling in for Viv Campbell

Bankston

Vivian is undergoing more treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma, so Trixter guitarist Steve Brown is filling in and played his first gig at Wembley Stadium before the NFL game today. I would've been sh***ing my pants!

And look ma, no lip syncing.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Wishing the best for Viv.

I guess you can tell a band isn't lip syching when the lead singer's mic quits working and he's trying to find another that works.

BMX

Silver Supporting Member
Is Collin still hogging all the solos? Best wishes for Vivian- great player.

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
Crazy. I haven't heard a word about Steve in 20 years. Good for him.
There was a Wall St. Journal article about him a short time ago --- all about how a former semi-successful rocker currently hustles to make a living.

Frank Prince

Silver Supporting Member
Steve Brown was on an episode of That Metal Show as the play-off guitarist. I though he was killer, one of the best I have seen on there. I'm sure he'll do a great job.

Best wishes and hopes for a full recovery for Vivian Campbell.

Fatboy666

Silver Supporting Member
best wished for Viv Campbell, great player

As is Steve. He's been hustling for sure. Always see him working, sometimes with a cover band playing bars in Jersey. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago when one of my buddies was his soundman. Nicest, most accommodating guy ever. He busted out a perfect note for note rendition of Eruption at the gig and I asked him about it during the break. "Dude - we opened for VH back in the day. I stared at his hands every night till I got it!!"

I haven't seen or spoken to him in years, but I bet if I saw him tomorrow and reminded him when we chatted, he's the kind of guy who would not blow me off and would be happy to yak. He's good people. Best of luck Stevie!!

McShred

Silver Supporting Member
Every time Phil takes a sloppy solo in his little brothers vest, a puppy dies.

crifasta

Didn't know that Viv was battling cancer. Did some reading and he has a pretty great attitude and sense of humor about it. Wishing him the best.

Trending Topics