• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Trombetta experts, advice needed

PerFusionist

Silver Supporting Member
Hi all,

My number should be up very soon for some PTD goodness.

One dilemma I'm having is whether to go with a Rotobone or a Bone Machine GTx (already have a big box GT that will go up for sale). Have any of you tried both? Was the GT enough for you? Was the extra tweakability of the Roto worth the extra money and pedalboard space?

I also want about 3 other PTD pedals too, but that's another story.

Thank you for any thoughts!

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
This will be of no help: I LOVE my Rotobone, but I would HATE to give up my Mini-bone w/ GeSi. For me the only answer would be both. I guess, if I absolutely had to choose, it would be Roto, as it is better at the messed up lower octave stuff, but I like the trumpety stuff better from the Mini-bone, I think.

Empros

There is only one option.
Rotobone + Tornita.

With PTD pedals, don't settle. I have settled a couple times for a single pedal and always end up wanting more. Go crazy.

PerFusionist

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a Roto might be in my near future.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

Telecasteur

I wish there was a 'menu' style list of Paul's offerings. The website is a little haphazard (no offense Paul!)

Can someone do a proper PTD shootout. I haven't checked in a while if my name is coming up. Isn't the wait like a year?

wookiefoot

Platinum Supporting Member
I say get them both, compare, move the ones that don't work. His pedals hold their value so there is little financial risk except the upfront cost.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
a coupla days ago, i played the RotoBone as if it were an OD-pedal; i recorded it.

ronin gtr > hexe revolver > fryette d120 amp > catalinbread echorec > neunaber reverb

it's a live improv.
it's long, but does travel through some very different musical regions, i think.

subusion:

ptdesign

Handmade sonic art
happy Friday!

I wish there was a 'menu' style list of Paul's offerings. The website is a little haphazard (no offense Paul!)

Can someone do a proper PTD shootout. I haven't checked in a while if my name is coming up. Isn't the wait like a year?
No offence taken ...........ever!
You are correct. This is a cluster-F → paultrombettadesign.com just like this was → paultrombetta.com
Help!!

a coupla days ago, i played the RotoBone as if it were an OD-pedal; i recorded it.

ronin gtr > hexe revolver > fryette d120 amp > catalinbread echorec > neunaber reverb

it's a live improv.
it's long, but does travel through some very different musical regions, i think.

subusion:

:bow Amazing Hex section at the end.

ellsworthman

The Geezer of Gear
Gold Supporting Member
Paul told me a couple weeks ago my number would probably be coming up in September. Pretty sure I'm going with the Rotobone. Especially after just listening to splatt's demo!

PerFusionist

Silver Supporting Member

Agreed, the website is a little confusing.

I say get them both, compare, move the ones that don't work. His pedals hold their value so there is little financial risk except the upfront cost.
Yeah, I'd be afraid of being in cbm's position and not want to sell any of them :D

it's a live improv.

subusion:

Awesome! Your style is just instantly recognizable. Thanks for posting.

I set my current Bone pedal similarly: a dynamic fuzzy overdrive. Now if only I had your chops :)

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
I've got a roto-bone/mk1.8v combo and a 4-plex coming my way. Omg. I will never EVER want for dirt again. NPD thread will be up next week for sure.

And to the op. I think getting a roto if you're unsure is the way to go. Sooooo many tones in that one pedal.

Happy Friday, Paul!

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
hey!
what is a 4-plex?
First he did the Plexi-Kush about a month ago which was the Kush OD with one set of Plexi preamps. 4-Plex is his Kush OD w/ two sets of Plexi preamps (Hi and Lo volumes) in front of it and sounds EXACTLY like a damn Marshall (regular Plexi-Kush sounds like one too). But, the difference, is that Paul had the great idea to make it so the 4-Plex has one set of Plexi preamps that are independent from the pedal if you so choose. So, in other words, you could use those with another dirt pedal, fuzz, or the Clean/Lead channel on your amp for Plexi-goodness anywhere on your pedalboard, really :).

Just as an aside. This is how awesome Paul is to work with. He's literally in the middle of building my order. I see the 4-Plex....ask if I can get that...."Sure!". Dude is just awesome to work with. Awesome.
Yes! I will also be looking for that report :aok
Can't wait to hear a detailed report on the 4-Plex!!
I should get sometime around mid to end of next week. Will be sure to post lots of thoughts which will most likely have lots of CAPS and !!!!!!'s :aok

Last edited:

ilyslue2

it's a live improv.

subusion:

Thanks!

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member

it's a live improv.

subusion:

See....playing like this is why I never post any demos of myself playing. You're a badass guitar player, David.

Trending Topics