Trombetta owners, let’s see all the different PTD pedal types and enclosures you guys have.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jazzandmore, Jan 3, 2019.

1. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

So, those of you with a Rotoface... Have you compared it with any of the current heavy hitters like the Sunface, etc.? What did you think? Also, how did you find the cleanup? On par with something like the Rotobone, for those guitar volume barely cracked on, edge of breakup “clean tones”? I trust existing YouTube demos less than the experienced ears here.

Yeah... I’ve had Rotoface GAS for years. Thinking of adding one to my arsenal next.

2. your name here

The list is gone. It has been for months. He is only building what he feels like building now. Your only choice is used, or buy what he lists on his site (which, whatever it is, is usually one pedal at a time and is sold within minutes).

3. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

Add it to your arsenal. I can't speak about the Sunface, but I've got a King Tone Vintage Fuzz that I think is a serious heavy hitter and the Rotoface is just as much of a monster. Cleans up beautifully of course and has such tweakability to give you thick or thinner fuzz tones.

You Need One!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    PerFusionist, RC2, joevacc and 3 others like this.
  4. your name here

Sigh. Yeah. I know what I must do. Thanks. :D

adamajah and Jazzandmore like this.
  5. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

Indeed, you really should try to get one. A fellow TGPer gave me a great deal on one a few months back and I'm pretty amazed by the sounds. Mine has "low gain" trannies and the tones are very vocal and rich. Clean up is great- a bit better/more than the rotobone. I'm not a FF aficionado but I kinda feel like I've got the best FF I could ever expect.

friend33, adamajah and your name here like this.
  6. warren3333

warren3333 Supporting Member

I've owned many PTDs and now I'm down to just one...

But man, for some reason, this particular Mini Bone is special; it does everything from clean boost to the usual.
    Lovely natural relic to it too...

Love it. Very close to my heart :)

[​IMG]

tedm, friend33, PerFusionist and 5 others like this.
  7. Wick_dawg

Wick_dawg Member

Nothing special about the enclosures, but the small one is a Lil' Fudgepacker serial #001

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

friend33, PerFusionist, RC2 and 4 others like this.
  8. jm9239

jm9239 Supporting Member

Paul's pedals look and sound wonderful. And Paul is obviously free to do whatever he wants with his business. However, I personally am still pissed off at how things were handed after sitting on his list for THREE YEARS, especially after being quoted ONE year. To just say screw you to everyone who waited long like that left a sour taste in my mouth. Fortunately, there are many other stellar builders out there. Anyways, just ranting. Enjoy your PTD pedals.

effectsman and adamajah like this.
  9. krz4fx

krz4fx When too many really is TOO many... Gold Supporting Member

10. krz4fx

11. krz4fx

12. johnetone

johnetone Member

Well, well, well, if it isn't my favorite Brazilian Fuzz Monger! How you been man?!? <3

13. adamajah

adamajah Supporting Member

That "Lobo" a Buzzaround? It has the same layout as my "Reacharound". I was playing that thing for hours last night... so damn good.

krz4fx and AXXA like this.
  14. misa

misa Silver Supporting Member

Minibone GeSi
    [​IMG]

Also have the newer Bone Machine GTX/Ulinator similar to the one shown previously. I passed along a few others: Rotobone, Bone Machine, Mini Bone.

15. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

@krz4fx i know I've said it before, but that Lobo Fuzz is one of the best looking I've seen! Good to see you here

krz4fx likes this.
  16. effectsman

effectsman Member

I feel your pain. I was on the list for over two years. Here’s mine. Happy for all those owners. I will be supporting other small builders.

jm9239 likes this.
  17. Wick_dawg

Wick_dawg Member

I understand having a bad taste after being on the waiting list for so long. I have a couple of his pedals and he is a great guy who has answered every email I've sent him. It wasn't a "screw you" to everyone on the waiting list. The man is single handedly building each pedal he puts out. I think he realised that at this point in his life, he just needs to live his life how he wants, which every man is entitled to, instead of living with the pressure of fulfilling a waiting list several years long.

I know you're upset, but you're not out any money and didn't lose anything. You can still buy his pedals on the bay or reverb or grab one of them on his website as they become available. You can also go to those other "stellar builders", but they won't be PTD.

And, I do enjoy my PTD pedals and will continue to do so. So thank you for that.

friend33, fitzo and adamajah like this.
  18. jm9239

jm9239 Supporting Member

Yes I already know and understand all of that. And as I said Paul is free to run his company however he pleases. He also doesn't owe the people who were on the list anything. However, I would have appreciated him handling it differently. For example, one option could have been to just close the list and fulfill orders one by one for as long as it takes at whatever pace he wants, even if orders are limited to one pedal per person. I personally would rather wait 5 years for a pedal instead of having to try and snag one off his "store" or paying a premium on reverb. Again, it's his call. But that doesn't mean a lot of people weren't disappointed by how this was managed.

19. axdxm

axdxm Supporting Member

friend33, adamajah and johnetone like this.
  20. adamajah

adamajah Supporting Member

axdxm and johnetone like this.