tronical min-etune v gforce option

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fgevans, Jan 19, 2015.

1. fgevans

fgevans Member

i am interested in getting a guitar with such a set up. Now i can either go the route of buying a low end gibson with one ie a studio etc or buy a set for either my strat plus or a tokai les paul i have.

Does anyone know whether the new gforce system is actually identical to the tronical unit (but has newer firmware ) or are the 2 systems - mintune and gforce different in some way ie newer hardware.

also is there any way of updating the firmware of the tronical system.

Also i note the 2015 gibsons have a brass nut which is meant to assist the tuning system - does the fact that i have a LSR roller nut on my strat plus mean that i should get this similar advantage

also does this work ok with a strat or will i need to block it off

2. LunarSF

LunarSF Supporting Member

I just got an email today that there is a Tronical "Plus" system out now, so there is your upgrade. If you bought the previous Tronical model, as I did, they are offering a $99 upgrade. That seems to be their upgrade method.
    I believe they are the same company providing the technology to Gibson.

3. XISTH

XISTH Member

As I understand it

Min-ETune (on 2014 Gibsons) is the same as the Tronical Tune
    G-Force (on 2015 Gibsons) is the same as the Tronical Tune Plus

The new (Plus) version has twice as many user-defined tuning spaces and twice as many presets. It now allows for 'low tuning' modes (i.e. down to a low C or B etc), a capo mode which adjusts for the tuning distortions you get from using a capo, another mode that corrects for 'approximate' user tunings, and one more that allows you to tune to an out-of-tune instrument like an old piano. It's also supposed to be faster.

http://www.tronical.com/uploads/manual-2.33.pdf

4. XISTH

XISTH Member

BTW - I don't know the answer to your Strat LSR question, my Les Paul has a conventional (i.e. non metal) nut.

If you're into alternate tunings, or want to use them more and switch quickly and effortlessly between them then this is a fantastic, and discreet, innovation.

Ignore the haters - they are Luddites (with sundials, horses & carts and smoke signal communications, presumably!)

FWIW I've played for 40 years and can tune a guitar (almost) perfectly be ear when necessary, but I really like this gadget.

frankencat likes this.
  5. Florian Späth

Florian Späth Member

Can I replace a Gibson gforce with normal tuners?