Trouble with HAO Rumble MOD

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by btlnckr, Mar 20, 2008.

1. btlnckr

btlnckr Member

Anybody use one of these? I purchased an HAO pedal from a store here in Trenton, NJ & I tried to trade it in for another pedal. The sales rep. said that the "color" pot wasn't funcioning properly & that I was S.O.L. basically. I never used it out & it's always had the same sound. The color control basically sounds like it adds gain & maybe a little ice-pick in the ear - (the way it is now). From what I understand these are supposed to emulate the "Dumble" sound by adjusting the color pot. Have you any experience with these? It's a boutique pedal made in Japan & I've had no luck finding any customer support whatsoever.
    Any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Brian

2. btlnckr

btlnckr Member

Anyone know who might repqair these? Already emailed analogman & he suggested I post here.

3. jgyn

jgyn Member

I have one. The color pot's kind of weird- turning it counter clockwise increases both gain and upper mids. I use mine with Fender amps and the color at 10 o'clock and drive about the same.

4. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

Sounds similiar to the voice knob on a zendrive.

5. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

hey man,
    if it was a store with initials RM, AND it's not too very old of a purchase, i may be able to help. though my MAIN man over there has LEFT. . . stilll haven't found out why?!. . . i do have ONE good soul left there. . .

send an email to michaeljohnrowley@gmail.com (that's me) if you think i might be able to help you. .. . . there WAS a time i could just bring your pedal in there and say, "hey, please take care of this for this guy i know, okay?" i don't know how it is now. . . but i'm willing to find out. . .