Troubleshooting Maxon AD-999 Delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Loud Librarian, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Loud Librarian

Loud Librarian Member

My AD-999 delay had a problem at last night's gig. When engaged, the tone is super thin. It does actually delay the sound, and it bypasses just fine.

Any idea what could be causing the thin tone? Anyone had any luck sending one of these back to Maxon for repair (I'm thinking it will cost $$$$).

My pedalboard did sit in my van the previous night (cold) and there was some condensation on the outside of the pedal when I was setting up at the gig. No probs with any of the other pedals tho.

So far I tried spraying a bit of contact cleaner in the switch thinking the switch might be "iffy" but no dice.

Thanks for any help or ideas :cry:

2. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

Contact Kevin@Godlyke, very helpful and will get back to you quickly.

3. Loud Librarian

Loud Librarian Member

4. Loud Librarian

Loud Librarian Member

Holy shizzle, it's back to normal. Must have been moisture related and it finally dried out inside. Dang, no more leaving the pedalboard in the van overnight in cold weather. Probably doesn't take much moisture to short circuit it somewhere along the line.

5. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member