True bypass looper? I need your thoughts!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sportoflife, Feb 26, 2012.

1. sportoflife

sportoflife Member

So I need a true bypass looper i can get by with 4 loops but 5 or 6 would be ideal, Im looking for the best bang for my buck

I found this on ebay and it seems like a deal, any thoughts opinions?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIVE-Looper-Guitar-Loop-Pedal-Board-True-Bypass-Effects-/140516916497?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item20b775fd11#ht_1894wt_952

or http://www.roadrageprogear.com/5-loop_bf_true_bypass_pedal.html

Im trying to stay under $150 Let me know if you know a better deal or higher quality for around the same price!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

There are many 4/5 loop strips for under $150, it's just a matter of personal preference. That one looks just fine.

3. MiguelO

MiguelO Member

+1 Loopmaster.

I owned an 8 channel looper with a tuner out and master bypass. Loved it. Only reason I sold it is I downsized my board cause it was too heavy to travel with...

4. sportoflife

sportoflife Member

Defiantly looking at the loop master! 7 loops for 130 cant beat that! Thanks for the advice guys!

5. Cooters23

Cooters23 Member

Loopmaster runs special deals frequently here on TGP as well. As far as cost efficiency you definitely want to check them out. My looper is Road Rage and it's very dependable and I love it. As far as brands though there aren't a lot of things to go wrong with a looper its a pretty simple device so you'd be fine with most all of the major brands.

6. omaht56

omaht56 Member

just make sure you read loop-masters FAQ before you make an order. Be ready to wait 10-12 weeks for your looper. He hand makes everything so the wait time is reasonable. If you need it now pedalgeek.com sells road rage loopers but they have less features no tuner jack or master bypass which i think should be standard on all loopers. Also nosepedal.com has a small 3 looper but they also do custom work and their prices are great if they can put a master bypass and tuner jack on one for me i think i might get one from them.

7. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

8. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

I have two roadrage 5-channel tb loopers...they are great...reasonably priced as well

9. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

I've had lots of good transactions with Road Rage, big thumbs up.

10. sportoflife

sportoflife Member

I like the footprint of the larger road rage but man Its hard to beat the price for the loopmaster 130 for 7 loops...

is there really a 10 week turnaround? I know that's what strymond says about the timeline but i got mine in 3 weeks..

11. Loop-Master

Loop-Master Member

Yes. Sorry about that. I just stay swamped.

12. sportoflife

sportoflife Member

There is a reason why you are busy im sure!

I better order quick, as I will be moving in may, Looking forward to my looper!