True Bypass Phaser like Script Phase 90

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Krewmonkey, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Krewmonkey

Krewmonkey Member

Any suggestions on a True Bypass Phaser like Script Phase 90? I love my old 70's Script Phase 90 but, need it to be true bypass.

Thanks in advance, Tim

2. Franktone

Franktone Member

Get the 74-phase 90 from Croakus with the full boatload mod. Croakus can be found on these pages. It sounds great, and is true BP with the mod.

3. RC2

RC2 Silver Supporting Member

I have the Retro-Sonic Phaser it's true bypass and has a great Phase 90 tone.

4. gibson60

gibson60 Member

+1 Retro Sonic makes good stuff

5. Craise

Craise Member

I bought a used prebuilt BYOC (build your own clone) phase 90 and was blown away at how much it sounded like my orignal bud box....so much I sold the original...
    :AOK

6. joafink2

joafink2 Supporting Member

retro-sonic phaser is about as close as it gets to a TB phase 90... there's one in the emporium for a great price from a great seller too :)... fyi

7. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

+1 on the Retro Sonic. A really great Phase 90 clone with an added Level control, and it can be had for a really good price. Another great Phase 90 clone is the Shannon Phaser - but they are more expensive and much harder to find.

8. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

If you have a '70s Phase 90 you like, why not have it true bypassed? If you can live without an LED, it's a completely reversable mod, without any damage to the case (should you ever want to put it back to stock).

/Andreas

9. Krewmonkey

Krewmonkey Member

Thanks a lot for all the input guys. I will look at the Retro Sonic for sure. I really dont want to alter my old script yet. I ahve the box and everything.