True double coil Humbucker in dogear P90 package...exist?

IAE

?

I know you can get hum canceling P90's but what about true HB's? not just dummy coils.
Just like the DiMarzio soapbar super distortion but in dogear P90 form is what I'm after.

Ya'll know of any manufacturers?

:drool

All I have found is Duncans version and a german version. Neither look identical to a P90 aesthetically.

IAE

Thats cool, I want it to sound like a HB but look like a P90.

Only problem, the pole pieces aren't in the center, small detail and it wont be a problem if this is the best I can find.

Its for a LPJ BTW. Although maybe it would be just easier and less hassle to get the BJALPJ as its got a hum cancelling H90 (not 100% what I want but sounds great nonetheless) and case already....just thinking out a loud.

hb_dogear.jpg

Luie

The pole pieces are not in the middle because it's a humbucker which always have 2 sets of poles, in this pickup there is one set hidden under the other side.

If you want an authentic P-90 sounding noiseless that looks like a P-90 take a look at Kinman P-90 Hx. It's the only hum-canceling P-90 that actually sounds like a P-90. http://www.kinman.com/guitar-pickups/p90/hx90.htm

It's had very good reviews.

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
I don't think the Kinmans come in a dog ear. I am having a Fralin noisless p90 put in my Kingpin right now

IAE

That duncan wold be ok I guess considering I can have it wound to what ever Kohms I like etc. Its a bit pricey for a duncan though at US$170. Fralin isn't even this much but I think fralins is just hum canceling, not a true humbucker, but I'd pay it, no issue there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom