• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

True or False: The expense and time put into my pedalboard exceeds my playing ability

The time and expense put into my pedalboard exceeds my playing ability and/or needs.

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.

XISTH

I don't think time/expense and ability/needs are directly comparable.

You could just ask:

1. Is all the time/effort put into your pedalboard strictly necessary? (to which I guess many would answer 'no').

But, a follow-up question

2. Is it desirable/fun?

would, I imagine, on-the-whole be answered 'yes'.

andrewruel

I don't think time/expense and ability/needs are directly comparable.

You could just ask:

1. Is all the time/effort put into your pedalboard strictly necessary? (to which I guess many would answer 'no').

But, a follow-up question

2. Is it desirable/fun?

would, I imagine, on-the-whole be answered 'yes'.
I totally agree! I'll admit, I put "True," but it's so much fun that I'm not going to stop. :rockin

Release

True..... but the inspiration it gives me pushes me to be a better player.
So in the long run, I figure it might balance out.
Ahhh, who am I kidding......

C-4

I voted "false". I don't let gear and my playing ability come together in the same equation.

The only thing that comes together with gear is the money spent on it, and my desire to own it.

vbf

I also voted false. My gear reflects who and what I am as a player but it doesn't define me. My gear inspires me to be a better player but I on no way feel "outclassed" by my gear. It's a very good fit and I enjoy it all.

Bluedano1

I'd say over +35 years of playing 99% of my "guitar time" has been in playing guitar, or learning music, and 1% to pedals/boards. I'm a pro player, but my pedals are pedestrian or average.

TubeStack

Silver Supporting Member
I don't use any pedals, so my answer is no.

I've tried a fuzz every now and then, but even if I like it, I usually find the bother of even the one pedal too much and sell it. It's kind of like shaving your head, once you've done it and enjoyed the simplicity/freedom from fuss, it's hard to go back. I can't imagine having a whole board full, what a pain.

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
False.

Give me a good guitar, a fuzz that cleans up well when I turn down, a subtle delay pedal and a good amp and I'm all set!

Add a wah, clean boost, Leslie sim and tremolo on the amp and I can play my band's set.

2-3 years ago...VERY PAINFULLY TRUE
TODAY...FALSE!!

Other than turning it on and off, I rarely mess with my pedalboard...

UrbanHymns

Silver Supporting Member
I put "true" for the reason that I've been playing guitar for 15 years, but am still at the level I was about 10 years ago. The only difference is that I have a much better ear for tone, effects, etc.

macki

I think my time and money has gone into something that inspires me to play and write regardless of my abilities. I can blissfully play for hours!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom