True stereo pedals...who makes them?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Barnzy, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

I have a stereo amp setup and am looking to add pedal stereo effects of all sorts. I have a Diamond Halo Chorus on the way and am eyeballing a stereo wet reverb. Any other suggestions? They must be "2 inputs" and "2 outputs"...any effect type. Thanks for your help.
    Barnzy

2. elevenstrings

elevenstrings Member

I've got a Neunaber Stereo ChromaChorus, Eventide PitchFactor, BOSS Slicer, Strymon TimeLine, Strymon blueSky, and a Neunaber Stereo WET for stereo effects on my board.

3. crazynightowl

crazynightowl Member

Boomerang Chorus/Delay and the Rang III looper might be worth considering. Both are true stereo products.

CNO

4. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

There are a number of options, but true stereo is important... I use the modfactor>flashback>hardwire RV7

5. Farbulous

Farbulous Member

Hardwire pedals are stereo. Switching a lot of my modulation effects over, and happy I did so.

6. teleclem

teleclem Member

Eventide Space/Modfactor.

7. codetocontra

codetocontra Member

Dr. Scientist Tremolessence!

8. Jesus freak

Jesus freak Supporting Member

9. Kelfecil

Kelfecil Member

I've been in the search for those for ages! :D
    So here is my list of what i want and has both stereo ins/outs.

Hardwire SP-7 Phaser (haven't had the chance to hear it in stereo, but it's really good for its price considering : options , tap-tempo , stereo ins/outs)
    Hardwire CR-7 Chorus (read and then heard it in stereo, it really rocks and has lots of options)
    MXR M-159 Tremolo (both stereo ins/outs and a "pan" switch so that you can choose whether to pan or not the tremolo)
    (another option for a tremolo is the tap-a-whirl v3 due to its HUGE amount of options as a tremolo,but it lacks the both ins/outs)
    Cathedral Reverb (it soundes the BEST for me in stereo compared to other reverbs, but you may as well try the hardwire reverb and the boss rv-5 in stereo as well.)

Well for a delay, most delays have both stereo ins/outs so it's just your choice. I use a time bender cuz i like the sometimes-and-sometimes-not glitchy pitch shifting.

You may wanna start looking for a pedal that will have just 2 stereo outs and 1 stereo in which will be the first to start the row of pedals that will go in stereo.
    I found that to be either an Electric Mistress flanger from EHX or just a 10-band EQ from MXR (the signature one has 2 outs).

There is also the EHX Q-Tron + that has both stereo ins/outs. But beware, as it uses 24v for power so it may be hard to fit. (really cool when combined with other effects though, for example running through a delay or a phaser and then back to the box).

Can't think of something else, those are what i have in mind all-day...

Oh and last but not least, the SL-20 slicer from Boss. It REALLY counts for your stereo image cuz if you use the effect with full dry signal only, you can still use its "stereo image" option for panning and circling sound stuff for your amps. (check it out it's really worth it IMO..)

Hope this helped! :D

10. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

Thanks alot for the great tips guys....and thanks for doing all my homework Kelfecil!
    Barnzy

11. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

Can anyone think of a true stereo analog delay? I see many stereo outs but not any stereo ins... After reverb, this would be my next priority.
    Barnzy

12. Kelfecil

Kelfecil Member

No problem! I'm really glad all the info that i've gathered for my own needs is useful to others as well and i'm more than glad to share it anytime! :)

13. MattNgai

MattNgai Member

The Red Witch Moon Phaser has one input and stereo outputs

14. reverendfrankie

reverendfrankie Supporting Member

I really enjoy:
    Arion SCH-1 and the old Boss 1/2 rack chorus RCE-10. Both give incredibly wide and spacious stereo separation. I'd love to try a DC-2 or (CE-20 for it's Dimension simulation).

The Arion is great, but I have to use it in the loop of the stereo amps or it's too noisy.
    Rev.