Truefire Country Lesson

love777

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Everyone,
I'm looking to take an online course to help me pick up some country techniques. I would classify myself as an intermediate player. Does anyone have an suggestions on which course to take that they have found very useful?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks

lifeinsong

You should also check out Ken Carlson's website CountryGuitarChops.com...there are a bunch of free video lessons that should get you started and Ken Carlson also has plenty of other lessons available for download or on DVD. I've also found some really good stuff on YouTube just by searching around...country guitar, country lessons, chicken' pickin', hybrid picking, Nashville guitar etc.

Yer Blues

The Country Survival Guides both rhythm and lead would give a well rounded country intro.

Jason Loughlin is pretty awesome.
I still think learning stuff off records on my own benefits me more though, but it is a lot easier if someone else figures it out.

mastercaster

You should also check out Ken Carlson's website CountryGuitarChops.com...there are a bunch of free video lessons that should get you started and Ken Carlson also has plenty of other lessons available for download or on DVD. I've also found some really good stuff on YouTube just by searching around...country guitar, country lessons, chicken' pickin', hybrid picking, Nashville guitar etc.

+1 on Country Guitar Chops. I have his Mastering the Fretboard & Rhythm Guitar bundle. Have not done the mastering the fretboard yet but have completed the rhythm course. Excellent!

mastercaster

Jason Loughlin is pretty awesome.
I still think learning stuff off records on my own benefits me more though, but it is a lot easier if someone else figures it out.

I agree, but if your new to country guitar it sure helps to understand the techniques involved.

ShawnH

I can vouch for both Jason Loughlin and Country Guitar Chops - both good resources. I would also agree with the poster above who said that figuring some things out for yourself is pretty important and those things will stick with you the best.

Finally I can recommend the Truefire workshop concept - much more effective IME than the courses. It's so key to have feedback as well as a "timetable" to keep you focused. I have not done Jason's "123 Country" workshop yet but would like to. I did complete his "Blues Connection: Voice leading major pentatonics" workshop and it was great.

Wolfboy1

Grandpa but...Not Yet Old!
Silver Supporting Member
I have done 2 of Jason's Truefire courses and found them to be excellent.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom