TrueFire Easter Sale

Wolfboy1

Grandpa but...Not Yet Old!
Platinum Supporting Member
This is the sale the suckered me into Truefire many years ago. It's been going on for 14-15 years now and is probably the best sale of the year for them. If you were thinking of trying a course or 3 this is a good deal.

https://truefire.com/

mastercaster

Didn't they just raise the prices of their courses. I was considering one of their courses and was about to buy it with 25% off but when I saw the price in my shopping cart it was higher with the discount than it had been without a few days earlier.

Wolfboy1

I don't think so but you sometimes have to pay attention a bit. Often with new releases and sales there is a coupon code (ex: EASTER15) that you add on top of any membership discounts and Truefire cash you might have after logging in. Their business has really shifted to electronic downloads and the membership access. Used to be they would print, box, and mail courses from the St. Pete home office. No more, discs are printed as ordered from another location and mailed once ordered so....disc prices have gone up some and electronic downloads are cheaper. I know with new releases as a member, using Truefire cash and new release discounts my course costs are $8.00 to about $15.00 depending on the course.

mastercaster

I went back to check. Yeah, pretty sure they have increased some courses. From $19 to $29, for download, big increase. I was looking at a 50 licks course.

Wolfboy1

New Country Licks course $19.00 download:
https://truefire.com/country-jazz-guitar-lessons/30-licks/c984

New Mojo Rhythm course on sale $15
https://truefire.com/soul-guitar-lessons/30-mojo-rhythms/c999

New 50 rhythms download $29.00
https://truefire.com/blues-guitar-lessons/50-blues-rhythms/c48

Essential Texas Blues Solos download $19.00
https://truefire.com/essentials-guitar-lessons/texas-blues-solos/c945

Seems like the "50" type courses have gone up while the "30" type ones are still $19.00 for download. I believe it is based on the amount of video in a course more than anything....longer courses = more money.

However during a sale such as this one there are bargains to be had :)

s2y

I had no idea True Fire has been around this long.

Their prices have gone up a tad over the last couple of years. Happens with a lot of things as time goes on. Still very reasonable during the sales. I try to get a couple of the sub $20 courses during the sales.

dhodgeh

Gold Supporting Member
And how much would it cost you for a face-to-face lesson with one of these cats?
Their 'private' lessons typically run about $150/mo. You also get a 'Full Access' membership which gives you online access to the entire library.

But during one of these sales, you can subscribe to a private classroom for c.a. $100/mo, and that price sticks after the sale. The classrooms work on the video exchange model, not the real time Skype type of lessons.

I'm currently enrolled in 'Flatpicking Headquarters' with Roberto Della Vecchia. I like this model, and as with anything you get out what you put into it. I am definitely slow link in this arrangement; it usually takes me two weeks to complete a lesson; work and other stuff does not allow me to spend as much time with the material as I would like. I think his course is geared for weekly turn around on the lessons.

I usually get a response to my video submission within a day, and I do like having a pro critique my playing. I feel that I am making some progress now. Even my wife has commented that I'm starting to sound better these days.......

Any, FWIW

D

jmp2204

Thanks Wolfboy1! I just ordered my first download course (Focus on Fusion) and with the discounts it was just over $10. I sat up late just watching it last night and I can see how helpful it will be. Can't wait to get started today after work. Now, as posted above, all the work is up to me!

Wolfboy!, I'm in Columbus, too.

mastercaster

Just bought the Walter Broes "Rock Billy & Boogie Handbook" for the low price of $9.97. I have most of the Country and Americana courses and after watching this one last night I'd say it's great value for the money, even at full price. 90% rhythm with lots of Travis Picking and boogie lines.
I will add that after purchasing many courses over the years I don't find much correlation between the amount of content and price. This course in particular has a lot more content than many of the more expensive courses I've purchased.

s2y

Just bought the Walter Broes "Rock Billy & Boogie Handbook" for the low price of $9.97. I have most of the Country and Americana courses and after watching this one last night I'd say it's great value for the money, even at full price. 90% rhythm with lots of Travis Picking and boogie lines.
I will add that after purchasing many courses over the years I don't find much correlation between the amount of content and price. This course in particular has a lot more content than many of the more expensive courses I've purchased.
I have purchased more than a few rockstar VHS tapes that were $60 with modest educational quality. I typically stick to the sales and courses less than $20. I've been impressed with everything so far.

Wolfboy1

Finally broke down and bought a few myself. Two by Jason Loughlin and Rob Garland's course. Rob posts regularly here and I'm friends with on facebook plus I really like his tunes I've downloaded. I wanted to see what he is like as an instructor. I have several of Jason's courses and I love the way he teaches and the subject matter.

Wolfboy1

To me it has become a tradition to buy something new every year during this sale and it was almost over. :dude

brain21

Didn't they just raise the prices of their courses. I was considering one of their courses and was about to buy it with 25% off but when I saw the price in my shopping cart it was higher with the discount than it had been without a few days earlier.
That has happened to me before. Very odd. Email them and they will set you right on the price. They are good about that :D

brain21

J
I think the pricing is a mixture of the age/newness of the course, the popularity, and the celebrity quotient of the teacher, not counting sales?

Jchrisf

How do these lessons compare to Lick Library for anyone who has used both? I really like Lick Library's DVDs

Trending Topics