Truly Beautiful Disaster

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by teardropexplode, May 15, 2008.

1. teardropexplode

teardropexplode Member

Anyone got one of these? I just got one today. I've only had chance to play round with it for an hour. For the first 50 minutes I thought it was broken, it's very unusual

2. jdavyd

jdavyd Member

i've got one of devi's "rocket" pedals in the mail right now. unusual is definitely how i would describe a lot of the different pedal's sound samples. i'm quite looking forward to experimenting.

3. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

I have one too. When I first got mine, I thought it was defective as well. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. Turns out, that's just the way they're supposed to be! It's a pedal that you need to spend some quality time with. I haven't given it as much attention as it deserves, so it's currently off my board. I'm on the fence over whether to sell it, or learn to use it properly.

4. teardropexplode

teardropexplode Member

I've been playing round with mine a bit today. It takes a bit of getting used to. I'm started to get the hang of it and atm I'm really liking it with another fuzz after it. Also, it helps to have the fuzz knob all the way off when you're first getting used to it. When I first got it I set the fuzz knob at about 2 o'clock and was then like 'wtf, don't tell me it's broken'. It actually took me about 20 mins or so to even get it to make some sort of fuzz sound when I first got it. Once you're over the learning curve though there's lots of sounds to be found. I'm still trying to decide whether they'll be useable in my band though.

5. Lintybits

Lintybits Member

It's def an interesting pedal, does take a while to get used to.

I've got a pdf manual for it around here somewhere, if you didn't get one with it PM me your email and I'll send it when I find it. I know it's got some knob diagrams for different sounds on it.

6. teardropexplode

teardropexplode Member

That'd be great, thanks

7. LLLOGOSSS

LLLOGOSSS Member

Hi, could you please send me a manual as well? I'd love to check out some knob positions.

8. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

I thought this thread was about the 311 song.

9. inu

inu Member

Here you are:
    [​IMG]

10. inu

inu Member

Yes, I had one for many years and it definitely is difficult to dial in... basically, usable sounds are found at extreme pot's positions :messedup
    Some interesting sounds to be had, though, especially if you experiment with other pedals in the loop.

11. frisco

frisco Supporting Member

Don't buy any of the first 100 produced, if looking at used.

According to Devi the first 100 went out the door "broken". They don't do anything as mentioned in the manual.

I'm stuck with one useless pos that I traded for used.

I'm truly bummed that I didn't save the email exchange where Devi admits the above, then wants to $100 to fix it...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013