Trumpet shredding

Dave Shoop

I was watching Radio Days again and was thinking hmmmmm is this trumpet shredding?

I’m trying to imagine how this can be done on a trumpet. Going back to my how long can you hold your breath thread. Is this the infamous circular breathing?

Will Box

Breath control is the answer, he has excellent technique.
Trumpet players generally have to play faster and louder than any other trumpet trumpet player, and most importantly hit higher notes!

Gitarman

Breath control is the answer, he has excellent technique.
Trumpet players generally have to play faster and louder than any other trumpet trumpet player, and most importantly hit higher notes!
Hey, if I ain't peelin' the paint off of the back wall of the venue, am I even playing the trumpet?!?! Don't make me dig out my Schikle or Jet Tone mp!

Seriously, though, listen to Wynton Marsalis' recording of Arban's 'Carnival of Venice', the last variation in particular (around the 7:00 mark). Masterful.

Kermit Ruffin can play circles around a stooping peregrine falcon

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again:

Trumpet rules the roost

Bob Maximus

Gold Supporting Member
I was a trumpet major. I don't hear the circle breathing; which is a heck of a technique. I agree with the breath control comment above. Harry was an amazing player. Check out Bill Chase's band if you get the chance and want to hear more amazing horns.

all played at >110 db back before it was banned at most clubs. (haha)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom