Truss Rod Nut Sizes - missing truss rod nut for Epiphone

Hi All,

I just did a really cool headstock repair on an epiphone Les Paul Signature (looks like half 335 half les paul) and it's missing the truss rod nut. I ordered the standard 10/32 barrel with allen key size I see on import guitars, and the nut is too small for the threads.

Tried nuts from Gibson, from Taylor, all too small for the threads.

What's the next size up? Everything I can find online is the same size as what I have. This is driving me crazy as it's the last little thing I need to do to wrap this major project.

Ayrton

Need more info. How old and where manufactured? Some epi got regular nut, some got 4mm Allen head. You could have SAE threads or metric

The rod is deeply recessed, so I'm assuming it would be a barrel type with the 4mm wrench, just need thread size so I can retap the nut for it and it'll be good to go.

Ayrton

Do you actually see threads? Those Allen rods have welded on nuts, so it may be missing because it snapped off.

Yes, I do see threads, and it doesn't look broken off. It's a nice clean rod, just larger threads than I have seen before!

Ayrton

I don’t know if you noticed that there are two sizes in those links. I can’t say which or if any are the correct size. Could be the same and just poor descriptions. Please report back if one does or does not fit

Trending Topics