Trussart Steelcaster and Soldano SLO

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bilbal, Aug 4, 2008.

1. bilbal

bilbal Member

Well, I have had my Trussart and SLO rig for almost 3 weeks now. I can say without hesitation, that this duo is a match made in Heaven. I have to admit that I was skeptical as to how the Trussart was going to sound with the SLO at first. I had the SLO for about 2 weeks prior to taking delivery of the Steelcaster. The SLO originally showed up DOA when I first took delivery. I sent it back to Michael in Seattle and in the meantime my Trussart showed up. After having the Trussart for a week, the Soldano reappeared at my doorstep. It was the first amp I played the Trussart through. I feel very strongly that it will be the last too. Yeah, I have a couple other amps (Dr. Z RxES and a Vox AC50) but they just don't make the Trussart scream like my SLO!!!! I absolutely love the two together. While the other two amps are phenomenal and will most likely spend their entire existence with me, they are just not Soldanos and don't give up the goods like one!!!

bilbal

2. Drowned Rabbit

Drowned Rabbit Black Beauty Beats Burst

I'm glad to hear your SLO is back and working correctly.
    I love mine. Covered in snakeskin and loud as a demon.
    I'm intrigued about the Trussart+Soldano combination. I
    would love to hear a clip if possible. Does your SLO have
    the Depth control?

3. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

I'm a Trussart guy as well. Don't own an SLO100 but, I do have a Yamaha T100 head (Soldano designed - poor man's Soldano). I'll have to try my Trussarts through it sometime! I can only imagine the Trussart/SLO combo is amazing!

4. Shamus

Shamus Supporting Member

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT SOUND CLIPS :nono
    :crazyguy

5. bilbal

bilbal Member

I will try to get some clips of the SLO/Trussart duo. If not before, I will definitely have clips from our next gig. I'm pretty certain I will be using them - LOL!!!

Bill

6. bilbal

bilbal Member

My SLO is as stock as can be. I had originally asked Michael how I should order it to assure that it would be as close to his original 22 year old SLO design. He told me exactly how to order it down to the tubes.