1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Trying a Vintage 30 again...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jzucker, Aug 25, 2008.

1. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

I have one 2x12 cab with Reinhardt 1265 speakers in it and they sound amazing. I just bought a used reinhardt 2x12 cab which had a reinhardt 1265 and blue dog in it but the cab was the wrong impedance. I was going to replace the speakers with a pair of Reinhardt 1265 speakers like my other cab but decided to try something a little different based on Paul Cochrane's recommendation. Hellatone 30 and Hellatone 60.

I'll post clips and thoughts in a week or so when I get them...

2. es125luv

es125luv Member

I am loving my 2X12's with the Hellatone 30/60 mix.

3. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Good luck. About the only time I can stomach a V30 is in that mix. Bob

4. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

V30's are great for rock and roll. :AOK

5. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Silver Supporting Member

Jack,

If you can, try the Avatar 60L. It's a 55Hz version. Not as much upper mid spike and a tad more bass.

From the website:
    There is also the Hellatone 60L which is a slightly different version of the stock Vintage 30. The 60L is designed to have a slightly lower bass response and has a slightly different center dust cap than a regular Vintage 30 / Hellatone 60. The 60L is only available in 16 ohm.