• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Trying to date a Ventura acoustic guitar..

Anyone familiar with Ventura guitars, not the Bruno imported versions?

This is the tag inside the guitar. It does not have a serial number anywhere; usually it is right above the Model No. on the tag but this one was printed without it. I know it had to be purchased sometime between 1974-1980 as this belonged to my wife's deceased mother and was purchased new, but we were never able to get a solid answer on year of manufacture, and now that I'm playing it, I just was curious. Not a lot of info out there on these... Any help would be appreciated.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
Pix of the instrument itself would help. Including the bridge, front and back of headstock and any other helpful possible tells. However, odds are good its a serviceable instrument made with laminated woods and a rather generic product where the actual year of manufacture may be of interest but doesn't have a great deal of importance.

zombywoof

I would think if the V-10 was purchased between 1974 and 1980 , it was imported by C. Bruno and Son. That model shows up in their catalogs for those years and others.

The V-10 was an entry level instrument. While I would think it has a laminate body I am not sure about the top. What I do know is a local shop as a 1970s Ventura clone of a Martin New Yorker in. Based on sound, I would take it over any number of other instruments costing two or three times more.