Trying to decide which guitar to get...

myke232

Looking to get a guitar with humbuckers and 24.75" scale... Been looking at:

- Gibson Les Paul Tribute T 2017 - Haven't played it, they look nice, not sure about the weight though...
- Gibson SG Special T 2017 - Haven't played it. I think they weigh in at around 7 lbs. though.
- Ibanez AM73 or AM93 - Played an AS53 which felt and sounded pretty good (especially for the price), but played an AS93 and set up wasn't quite right on it.
(I really like the AM93 as far as specs, but hate the colors and the gold hardware.)
- Epiphone Les Paul ES Pro Hollowbody - Looks interesting. Les Paul without the weight.
- Epiphone 339 ES Pro - Played one, thought it felt and played ok, pickups didn't blow me away
- Epiphone Les Paul - Played some which felt pretty good, seemed really heavy, like really heavy

Weird how Gibson hasn't updated their site the 2017 electrics, yet they are already being sold!?

C-4

The Gibson Tribute T 2017 LP is the best bet imho, BUT, as you are aware, you would need to find one that is within your weight tolerance, and that might take some time.

myke232

The Gibson Tribute T 2017 LP is the best bet imho, BUT, as you are aware, you would need to find one that is within your weight tolerance, and that might take some time.
Yeah, I agree. I think I saw one posted on sweetwater recently that was around 8.5 lbs, which would be pretty good... That's about what my Strat weighs (seems on the heavy side for a Strat though)...

Trending Topics