Trying to pick out a nice wireless reciever and transmitter.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TornadoOfSouls, May 14, 2008.

1. TornadoOfSouls

TornadoOfSouls Member

Howdy folks, I'm trying to pick out a nice wireless reciever (rack mountable) along with a transmitter.

So far, the only real options I'm considering is this for the reciever:

http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Products/WirelessMicrophones/us_pro_UR4S_content

And this for the transmitter:

http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Products/WirelessMicrophones/us_pro_UR1_content

Any opinions on what I've got picked out?

I'm looking for a really nice setup that won't tone suck too much when playing live.

Thanks for any help. :AOK

2. TornadoOfSouls

TornadoOfSouls Member

No one?

Can't figure out which forum to put this in. :(

3. dave s

dave s Member

not sure how much that unit will run, but Shure makes lower-end wireless systems that work wonderfully in a live situation. They are also the smaller units (not full rack space) that CAN come with rack mount hardware.

Other systems you might want to consider from Shure is the ULX series and the UTX (IIRC) series.

Mine is the older version of the ULX called simply the "LX" series. I've owned and gigged with it for more than 10 years and it still performs as new, doesn't suck tone and most assuredly gets the job done at gigs.

dave

4. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

how about the new X2 digital stuff? it's supposed to be cool in that there's no companding involved (i know nothing about wireless).

5. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Member

6. Supertgtr

Supertgtr Member

The Shure UR stuff is awesome. If you can afford it, that would be the system to get. Seriously.