Trying to put together a country song list for our band

FFOGG

Fat Frustated Old Guy w/ Gut
Gold Supporting Member
We are 4 piece band that plays mostly danceable geezer rock and some 70’s dance music along with some recent hits byOutKast and Elle King ..along with some Bruce and joe Jackson

I would like to add some danceable up beat / sing along country tunes . This is what We are working on so far

Boot Scoot Boogie
Wagon Wheel

Head over Boots
Friends in Low Places
Toes.

I thinking of the following ...not sure if they are too corny or ridiculous

Achy Breaky Heart
Red Solo Cup

And these also ??
No Shoes No Shirt
A Less Less Talk
This is How We Roll

Drink In My Hand

There Was This Girl by Riley Green
Red Dirt Road

Redneck Neck Woman
Country Girl

Thoughts on these selections ?

jonnytexas

It would not get you may gigs here, but don't know about your neck of the woods. We do Guitars and Cadillacs every now and again. The crowd loves it and it's 2 chords, so no lengthy rehearsal required.

Nebakanezer

Take a little ride is just the chorus to Pearl Jam’s Alive sped up a hair (E-G-D-A). I played it in my old band and would sneak the Alive solo in it at the end when we jammed it out.
I saw a video of someone doing Old Town Road and it was the same chord progression capo’ed on the 5th fret.

FFOGG

Gold Supporting Member
Please, seriously please, don’t do Wagon Wheel. If you PM me your PayPal info, I’ll send you $20 if you don’t play it. Like, super mega hella please don’t play Wagon Wheel.

Please...

...don’t play Wagon Wheel.

Ok I promise

c_mac

Ok I promise
In this single act you’ve done more for humanity than Ghandi. You may not have known this but Wagon Wheel was written by Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini during the early days of WWII. It was later arranged by Pol Pot. I mean, if you feel good about supporting such things, then play it. I choose not to support such evil.

Badtone

Silver Supporting Member
Please, seriously please, don’t do Wagon Wheel. If you PM me your PayPal info, I’ll send you $20 if you don’t play it. Like, super mega hella please don’t play Wagon Wheel.

Please...

...don’t play Wagon Wheel.
This, and include Achy, Breaky Heart on the absolutely do not play list. Rawhide, on the other hand, :aok

ckfoxtrot

Now I'd personally throw Wagon Wheel and Achy Breaky on the set list just to be contrarian :banana

*Achy Breaky actually seems to have come back around in terms of popularity lately.

**I didn't enjoy performing Wagon Wheel much in the past, but the other band members liked it and a ton of other people do too.

FuzzyAce

In this single act you’ve done more for humanity than Ghandi. You may not have known this but Wagon Wheel was written by Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini during the early days of WWII. It was later arranged by Pol Pot. I mean, if you feel good about supporting such things, then play it. I choose not to support such evil.
:spit

FFOGG

Gold Supporting Member

Badtone

Silver Supporting Member
I had some “great” ideas, but in an un-TGP moment actually reread the OP; I see danceable is mentioned. So maybe some classics like “Get Rhythm” by Johnny Cash (awesome if you’re the guitar in the band), or Dwight Yoakum’s “Guitars, Cadillacs”, something a bit “hip” if you’re primarily a rock band.

I suppose the spaghetti western medley won’t fit...

Trending Topics