Trying to put together a country song list for our band

RobBottom69

The current band I'm in does She Hates Everybody and Big Brown Eyes by Old 97s. We also do Nineteen by them but it's not as country as the other two

Nebakanezer

Forgot to mention that I didn’t know Copperhead Road was a line dancing song until I was in a country band....... Rarely did we have a dance floor full of folks that were confident in that dance but you’ll get one or two and a bunch of folks trying to keep up!!
Fast As You
Dust On The Bottle, was a surprise in how well received it always was
Family Tradition (and Friends In Low Places) is a great drunk sing along at the end of the night!
That’s My Kind Of Night (old singer would start it off with Uptown Funk lyrics before the guitars kicked in)
Beer In Mexico
Beer Money
As far as Wagon Wheel goes, our first bass player would tell folks to “write it on the back of a hundred dollar bill so we could understand what you’re talking about.......”
I’ll look for an old setlist and see if I can come up with some more.

guitarmook

I've played Wagon Wheel. I'm sure I'll play it again. My current singer doesn't like it, but at the end of the night, as we're running out of songs and the crowd keeps asking for more, that one fills the dancefloor every time.

We also do Mama Tried and Lets Chase Each Other Around the Room by Merle, The Race is On, Good Hearted Woman, and LOTS of George Strait. Everybody knows and loves GS. (Fireman, Unwound, Cowboy Rides Away...) Georgia on a Fast Train is always fun

DGA

Supporting Member
How about there picks from the same Alan Jackson album?

Chattahoochee
She's Got the Rhythm(an I Got the Blues)
I Don't Need the Booze(To Get a Buzz On)

FFOGG

Fat Frustated Old Guy w/ Gut
Gold Supporting Member
Thank you for all the suggestions .../ a lot of band drama over the inclusion of a few songs ...

But I did add a few of the ones you mentioned and just found

It Ain’t My Fault by Brothers Osborne

twotone

If I formed a country band I would refuse to play the following songs:

Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
Boot Scootin' Boogie
The Fireman
Swingin'
Chattahoochie
Gimme A Redneck Girl
Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy
Achy Breaky Heart

I wouldn't play lead guitar either. I don't like the chicken pickin' twangy stuff. I prefer the country music of the 1950s and 1960s - stuff that had piano, fiddle, and steel guitar.

sonofspy

We are 4 piece band that plays mostly danceable geezer rock and some 70’s dance music along with some recent hits byOutKast and Elle King ..along with some Bruce and joe Jackson

I would like to add some danceable up beat / sing along country tunes . This is what We are working on so far

Boot Scoot Boogie
Wagon Wheel

Head over Boots
Friends in Low Places
Toes.

I thinking of the following ...not sure if they are too corny or ridiculous

Achy Breaky Heart
Red Solo Cup

And these also ??
No Shoes No Shirt
A Less Less Talk
This is How We Roll