TS-9 Silver vs. Timmy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ancient, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ancient

ancient Member

Has anyone tried both of these pedals? How would you describe their differences and similarities? Which did you prefer and why?

I'm looking for something to stack with my OCD V.4.

Thanks!

2. VintageToneGuy

VintageToneGuy Member

I've owned both but at different times. The Timmy (to me) is a totally different tone. It's in the family, but still much different. The timmy would probably stack better with the OCD (IMO).

vtg

3. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

I've owned all 3 and the timmy is still with me. I find the timmy to be fairly flat in the midrange and the OCD to be flat to slightly scooped, while the TS has the big mid hump. That said I like a TS into the OCD for lead tones. Adds needed fatness in the middle and cuts the somewhat overbearing bass of the OCD. TS + timmy is another killer stack.

4. jrkoosh

jrkoosh Silver Supporting Member

I have a TS-9 silver, Tim, timmy, and eternity modded SD-1. I also have an OCD, but just to voice it with my humbuckers.

My favorite stack is SD-1>Tim.

5. burner

burner Member

Can't speak to the Timmy so I'm of no help there, but the TS-9 Silver is the best Tubescreamer I've ever heard hands down.