TS Analogman Mod Suggestions.

arielxl

Hi guys,

I have a Maxon OD9. I am very interested in the Analogman Mod, should I go for the TV Mod (True Vintage) or Silver Mod or just keep it original? Any suggestions? Some people said than the TV Mod does not match the original 808, is that true? Would appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

jboyjams

I too wonder about the TV mod and have not found any info comparing the TV to original or RI

Heady Jam Fan

Hey Grace,

Per our discussion yesterday, you know my opinion is that Silver Mod is great! I did not realize you had an OD9 and I think someone made a good/valid suggestion that you can send that in to have the Silver (or other) Mod done. It might be cheaper to buy a used one already modded though honestly. I think the OD9 modded might still be voiced slightly differently than the TS - someone else can chime in on that, but the Maxon build might be sturdier.

Anyway, here is another thread that discussed much of the info I was trying to relay to you, many people who have experience with different units. Much of it says nothing compares to the actual Vintage, but that doesn't mean the Silver isn't excellent, especially considering an actual Vintage 808 is bouncing around $750.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/904796

arielxl

Thanks a lot guys. I think I would go for the silver mod then;) let me know if you have other suggestions.

killer blues

Thanks a lot guys. I think I would go for the silver mod then;) let me know if you have other suggestions.
I have had both, and I'm getting a TS9 brown mod done.

The true vintage mod is just what it says- It will sound just like a real vintage 808. BUT you must (in my experience) use a plain carbon battery to acheive this. Don't ask me why, but it has a substantial effect on how it behaves.

the silver mod removes much of the mid hump that is an inherent part of the ts, and makes the eq more balanced. The voice of your overdrive will be much clearer too.

Again as with any other gear, ymmv, and it behooves you to take the necessary steps to find what works for you.

Trending Topics