• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

TS-style pedal + humbuckers = meh.. ??

edi_87

Just a thought. Although I love TS-style pedals with single-coil guitars, with humbuckers they seem... just ordinary (for the lack of better word)..

Don't get me wrong, they are obviously usable with humbuckers, but not as exciting to play..

Wrong / right? What do you think?

Cheers,
Michal

Devin

Low Voltage
it depends what your humbucker is like... imo a darker sounding pickup (whatever it may be) is less exciting through a TS. Then again a TS isnt really known to be very exciting imo.

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
Try a zendrive. It's in the modded TS family but sounds best with HBs IMO.

Heady Jam Fan

I like my TS with humbuckers, but it is different. This might be because buckers have a bit more midrange and compression to start with. Aside from blues, Jam bands often use the two and whether or not you like jam, people seem to really enjoy the guitars tone.

Dev - I definitely disagree, I love TS's. I don't care if they are common, I think they sound great, and great tone is exciting.

Devin

Low Voltage
Heady; not dissing the screamer. Its a real workhorse and a "proven standard". Around here though you tend to find reccomendations for highly "exciting", newer, better, rarer OD's. Personally i would never ditch my TS style drive. Tons of great music has been played/recorded with TS's and its all in how you use it not about the hype.

dave_mc

depends on what you're using it for

into an already distorted amp with humbuckers it's awesome

Trending Topics