Ts210 or Ts212

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by oldmanrockin, Apr 18, 2016.

1. oldmanrockin

oldmanrockin Member

Thinking of getting a powered speaker to play my 11rack and backing tracks through for practice, and maybe as a live amp setup. Any preferences from people who have tried one or the other. I cant really afford the "good stuff", so this is more in my price range. Have a couple yamaha 1-15 enclosures but they are passive and have to carry around a separate amp. Any ideas?

2. mbenigni

mbenigni Member

flyingheelhook likes this.
  3. johnrea_77

johnrea_77 Silver Supporting Member

First gig done with the TS210 and four Redwirez IR's on board the Helix. Worked incredibly well. Used the XLR from the Helix to the TS210 and the sound man ran a cable to the TS210 XLR out. The TS210 held up to a night with a full band and sounded great to my ears. I don't need the bigger TS212, this will work fine. Nothing wrong with some of the more expensive FRFR systems out there, but I don't think anything can beat the TS210 for the price. No regrets buying the IR's from Redwirez either.

4. esizer

esizer Member

I have an ISP Stealth/2x12 combo giving my Helix stage volume because some shows we only have PA support for vocals...I was planning on picking one of these up for home use and shows where we have full PA support too. Glad to hear it does the job!

5. kleydj13

kleydj13 Member

I have a 212 and am really enjoying it. Plenty of low end, but overall it has worked quite well for me.

6. RLD

RLD Member

I own a TS112A and have played many gigs with it...also played thru an Alto 10...for me the 12 wins.

7. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

How would the TS210 or TS212 handle as a Bass amp? Since it is FRFR and designed to be used in PA applications I would assume fine but just want to check. What is odd is the 10" has a lower frequency response(48Hz) than the 12"(53Hz) according to the specs which I wouldn't have expected. I want to pick one up for guitar and vocal PA applications but my son plays an upright Bass too so want to make sure it would be able to hang. That's the selling point to the wife HaHa..

Last edited: May 3, 2016