TS7 Mods

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ederdn, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ederdn

ederdn Member

Please excuse me if this has been beaten to death. I'm new here.

I've been dabbling in building some of the BYOC stuff and modding some things recently. I let my buddy use my modded TS9 last night at a gig and he asked, "I have a ts7, can you do something like this to it?"

Looked around here, but couldn't quickly get to the same resources available for the TS9.

Is there a thread/website that might explain some of the things one could do to a TS7?

Again, I'm a beginner, so having photos, etc. is a plus.

Many thanks.

Ed

2. ederdn

ederdn Member

Any suggestions? I suppose I could get his pedal and compare it against a TS9....

3. ederdn

ederdn Member

Thanks, man. BTW, checked out your My Space page and really like your stuff and taste in music. If I'm in OK City would love to catch your trio.
    Ed (Fayetteville, AR).

4. ederdn

ederdn Member

Thanks, man. Good stuff.

Eureka has had a jazz festival in the past. I'm not sure they're going to continue it. You never know with them. Don't know if you've spent any time over here, but Eureka's kind of an interesting little burgh, with lots of weird politics. Sally Thackery (married to Jimmy), has been a part of booking stuff in the past, but I think maybe she's out of the mix right now. They've also had a blues festival in the past, but I can find anything online about it now.

Fayetteville has a deal called "Bikes, Blues and Barbecue"--really a bike (MC) fest, with a wide variety of music. The "blues" part is loosely defined. Briane Crowne, who owns George's books that one.

The jazz venues in F'vlle probably wouldn't pay your gas getting over here. Bordino's, a restaurant on Dickson St., has some jazz (actually some pretty good players from time to time), but they only pay 80 bucks a person, plus a meal. I've done that a few times. Nice folks, but probably not worth the drive from OKC, unless you have reason to be over here otherwise.

UofA has a summer jazz series, with about five concerts. They've brought in some pretty good players. Ted Ludwig, a NOLA Katrina ex-pat living in Little Rock was up here last summer. Monster guitar player. He's a Steve Masakowski/ Hank Mackie protege, who's one of those guys that is pretty humbling.

Robert Ginsberg is pretty influential in the jazz scene in this area. He's a great guy. Not a player himself, but has done a jazz program on the NPR affiliate over here for 25 years. Pres. of the NW AR Jazz Society. Knows a sH*&load about all kinds of jazz. He books the Bordino's gigs and the UofA series and does a little promoting himself. Brought in Pat Martino, Metheny, Ravi Coltrane, and others in recent times. Good guy to know. If you're interested in getting any of your material to him for possible play on his show, I'll be glad to send him a recommendation. He's a pretty good friend.

Have you played (or are you playing) the Ft. Smith Jazz Fest?

Ed

5. ederdn

ederdn Member

Thanks, Uma
    The site you recommended is _very_ good for those of us who could use a little photo assistance as we fire up the soldering iron. Appreciate it.

6. Johananas

Johananas Member

7. NakedInTheRain

NakedInTheRain Member

8. Johananas

Johananas Member

First google hit for TS7 mod, might as well revive it as create a new one?

I'll have another look at the soldering tomorrow, chances are something went wrong there...