1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

TS7 vs TS9 Reissue vs TS808 Reissue

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ronnieanand, Feb 6, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand Member

Hi,
    I heard a lot of buzz about this Ibanez Tube Screamers, so decided to try out one for myself. I have a Keeley Modded BD2 and an AMT Fatal Tube Distortion. I am currently using a Carl Martin Boost Kick Clean Boost for the solo boost. The Carl Martin is good but I wanted something that will colour up my tone for the solo breaks. So I gave a try to the TS7 Tone Lock and it sounded amazing as a solo boost. I haven't tried the TS9 or the TS808 and have no means to try them either. What are the basic difference between these TS7, TS9 Reissue or TS808. I am looking a nice cutting lead tone that is also very sweet and smooth. The TS7 was good but if the TS9 or TS808 is better, I can go for them. I am looking for the best that I can get within my budget of $200.

2. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

Hey ronnieanand,

Check out Analogman's website. He does one of the best TS-9/TS-808 modifications in the business. Here is the link:
    http://www.analogman.com/tshist.htm

Guitar George

3. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

The circuits for the TS5, TS7, TS9, & TS808 are nearly the same but the TS7 & TS5 use lighter duty componants. Sonically, they sound close so it would probably boil down to personal taste. However, for your budget, I'd buy a used TS9 reissue, have it modded to TS808 specs, and maybe try a few different opamps if an opamp socket is used for the 808 mod. The stock opamp in the TS9 reissues sounds harsh to most players....but some like that sound.

4. SlyStrat

SlyStrat Supporting Member

Yep, the Analogman are supposed to be one of the best pedals out there. I'm ordering one soon.

5. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

To my ears, the TS808 is much better in terms of sound and feel.

6. exodus

exodus Member

i just got my analogman silver mod ts9. great pedal and analogman is a top notch guy to deal with... although I've never played a vintage TS so I'm not sure how they compare. It's a great overall drive tone.

in the end though--I just don't think the TS thing is my bag... shameless spam... if you want a new analogman silver mod, mine is in the emporium.

7. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Definitely get the Analogman Silver mod, it is the best. I have 5 TS-9 modded by different guys and this is by far the best, the only thing close and in somes ways better is the Keeley modded TS808 Reissue, but that is like anothe $100 over the Analogman, and it is different.

[​IMG]

8. madsr

madsr Member

I have the keeley 808 reissue.. it's fantastic.. especially when used in combo with the bd2.. really kicks it up and sustains for days..

9. shuffle

shuffle Member

+1 on Analogman TS9-808 Silver option.

Its less harsh! Smoother, and bloody sounds great!