1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

TS9 switch repair

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guit_lar, May 17, 2011.

1. guit_lar

guit_lar Member

Damn flaky switch on my TS9 needs repair..again..
    Anybody know a good way to repair or replace the switch? Does it have to be sent out to a repair service or is it easy to do without a lot of soldering skills? If it has to be sent to a repair service, what's a good one?
    Thanks.

2. Triangle

Triangle Member

I guess it depends on how much you value the ts9. If you have plenty of dirt and its not particularly important, I'd just try and do it youself. You could go ahead and change the output resistor values while you're at it and get closer to an 808 sound.
    If its an important pedal, Analogman seems like the person to trust

3. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

I believe that Small Bear stocks replacement switches and it should be an easy repair if you have even modest soldering skills.

http://smallbearelec.com/

regards, Jack