TS9

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
Question:

Is the TS9 a clear sounding pedal?

I bought one as a gift for a friend, Yeap, I am flying out "again" in 2 days, which is getting tiresome.
The thing is I got to try it for less than 5 minutes last night and it sounds awesome but not as clear as I thought.
I am thinking about going to a store and try another one there just to see if they sound the same.

The question is , does it sound clear as an effect or not? I find this one great but a little on the dark side, which is strange.

modernp

You need to spend more than five minutes with them. I use the bansai which has nine versions. The ts -10 might be more to your liking.

Silvio61

Question:

Is the TS9 a clear sounding pedal?

I bought one as a gift for a friend, Yeap, I am flying out "again" in 2 days, which is getting tiresome.
The thing is I got to try it for less than 5 minutes last night and it sounds awesome but not as clear as I thought.
I am thinking about going to a store and try another one there just to see if they sound the same.

The question is , does it sound clear as an effect or not? I find this one great but a little on the dark side, which is strange.
Perhaps you would need a Boss Bd-2 Waza Craft. It sure would have all the clear sound you need.

Soundhog

Dial back your gain and you should be fine.Like any pedal you have to dial it in too get the most out of your pedals.
3D0AA06F-8BC8-453B-BE70-DC7A498D3A12.jpeg

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
Perhaps you would need a Boss Bd-2 Waza Craft. It sure would have all the clear sound you need.
heheheh.
I already have a few OD's, was just commenting on the TS9 since I had not played one again since the early 90's

I love the TS9, an incredible tool.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
It's an overdrive/distortion that kills bass, has way too much of it's own EQ to be considered clear in any sense of the word.

I bought my first one when they were still MIJ.

I've modded some over the years.

Very outdated.
Yeap, but for 60 dollars playing it live , it rocks.

I do own Landgraff, Cornish, etc etc etc in the boutique world.
If you compare this 60 dollars thing, it actually sounds great at band levels.

I still wonder why we keep trying to re-discover the wheel when all the great sounds we love were recorded and played live with those Dinosaurs that sound great live.

Maybe not so much in a room.

Stig Ø

It's an overdrive/distortion that kills bass, has way too much of it's own EQ to be considered clear in any sense of the word.

I bought my first one when they were still MIJ.

I've modded some over the years.

Very outdated.
Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, obvs, but I’m wondering what you mean by outdated? It’s a classic - is a Fender Stratocaster outdated? Genuinely curious

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, obvs, but I’m wondering what you mean by outdated? It’s a classic - is a Fender Stratocaster outdated? Genuinely curious
He means he doesn't play live, ..... Running away from this thread now. Flying time, meh.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
I run mine in front of a clean amp. I use it to boost an OCD (2.0 if you care) and to also give me a dirty clean sound. Both uses sound clear to me. Of course, the pedal has a large amount of mids to it might be interfering with the EQ of whatever the OP was running it in to.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom