• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

TTE noise level

Plexihead

I played one of these for the first time today and really liked the echo's, I also didn't feel there was too much of a change in tone between bypass and active, which is a plus for me.

But I did find it got noticeably noisier when going from bypass to active, it's new but that doesn't mean a tube might not have a problem. Just wondering if this is normal as I just watched the proguitarshop demo and didn't really hear any extra noticeable noise when it was flipped from bypass to active.

I'm definitely thinking about picking it up, but might wait for a different one if there appears to be a noise problem with this particular unit as it is a fair amount of dough.

somedude

There will be some tape hiss if the record level is set to low as you'll turn the echo level up too high to compensate which also increases the amplification of tape's natural noise floor.

Turning the record level up to around 3:00 and turning down the echo volume reduces the overall noise and makes the TTE much quieter.

Plexihead

Ahhhh, ok that might have been the culprit then, I likely didn't have the record level up high enough (not sure where it was, probably around halfway).

stark

Silver Supporting Member
It does get hissy when you turn the echo level up with the amp set low. If you have the amp cranked you lower the echo vol which lowers the hiss. If you lower the echo vol below the first notch the tone of the echo suffers and gets thin. I try to keep the echo vol above the first line and if it's too much I turn down the input level trimmer. Then the echo is fat and out of the way of the main signal. I find the echo's are much fatter on the slow setting. I also put NOS tubes in V1 and V2. It was a bitch finding ones that were not microphonic in the TTE. I'm really into mine at the moment.

Adam Stark

Plexihead

Thanks for the info, I really should have read the manual on Fulltone's site first before trying it out, not sure where I had the respective controls. I'll have to take another go at it to see what's up. I was impressed with the echo's though, kind of got lost in them.

Plexihead

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated as I picked a TTE up today. The problem when I tried it last month was I definitely didn't have the record level high enough, thus turning the echo volume too high and producing the noise. Sounds great, built like a tank and looks sweet. Really couldn't be happier with the purchase as I love echoes and this thing fits the bill just fine, I'm sure it's going to get a ton of use which will more than offset the price.

charmboy

Congrats on the purchase. It's a truely inspiring piece of gear. I'm off to plug into mine now!

Trending Topics