TU-2 MODS: possible?

hagerty

i play both acoustic and electric in different band settings, and i only have one tuner (well one tu2, that is) , ive just never got around to picking up a second one...

but it got my thinking, would it be possible to mod the tu2 with a second input, and then either use the 'bypass' output and wire it just like the 'output' one so its silent when tuning? or just add another output jack. that way i can leave it set up on my board, and have one input from my acoustic and the other from my volume pedal 'tuner out' for my electric? i think this would be sweet and be really really useful.

skipper53

Do you suppose you could work it out on your board to just use a AB/Y switcher? Might be a much more hassle free/immediate solution?

hagerty

hmm yea, that would work, but requires more board space. i was really dreaming this mod up! haha

skipper53

but requires more board space.
not necessarily? hah THAT IS.. if you're open to mounting stuff on the underside of your pedal board.

You did say that you play acoustic/electric in different band settings, a simpler solution might even be to yank out the TU-2, and chuck it in your guitar case when your headed out for acoustic sessions. Lighter load to carry too. And that's always a good thing! :aok

stinkfoot

Even if you could get the mod done just as you dreamt it up, wouldn't that mean you'd have to bring the electric pedalboard for the acoustic gigs, just to have the tuner accessible?

I'd simply get a separate tuner for the acoustic. In the event that you would want to use both acoustic and electric on a gig, that will keep the two signal paths separate, avoiding ground loop hum (mixing the electric rig's signal ground with that of the mixer should be avoided as much as possible).

Trending Topics