TU2 Tuner, am I going crazy?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by frankencat, Feb 9, 2008.

1. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

Is there a difference between the sound at the two outputs on the Boss TU2 tuner? I swear mine is sucking tone when I use the "Output" output but it sounds fine when I use the "Bypass" output. I hit it with some DeOxit but that no change. I have never noticed this. Can somebody please give me a sanity check? Thanks :)

2. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

Hello? Is this thing on?....

3. jtindle

jtindle Member

93 people have viewed this thread with no responses. I guess no one knows. I would like to know also. Been so long since I looked at the jacks on my TU-2, I didn't realize it had a bypass jack.

Jeff

4. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

i'll take a pot shot,the output is basically through the circuit board which will suck tone(not true bypass) and bypass is a direct bypass so it can be on all the time and since it doesnt go through all the electronics, it has a cleaner signal.

5. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

Never noticed it on mine. Weird.

6. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

i'm pretty sure both those outputs are buffered, so no tone "suck", just a slight tone change (if anything, a tone "boost") due to the active circuit. never heard of tone differences between one output and the other. maybe you should compare your pedal with another one.

7. wakkawakka

wakkawakka Member

I swear I can hear signal degredation through the TU2, I switched to a Korg DT10 and I can't tell the difference when I take it out of the circuit.